ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RAMdisk on XP 32bit - brainstorming!

<< < (6/9) > >>

Nod5:
Ok now I have 6GB. Windows XP 32bit reports it as 3.2GB free.

I then:
- installed the RamDisk Plus 9.0 trial.
- File > memory... > unmanaged > configure > enable... CHECK
- checked available ram in process manager: 2.9 GB (with a few other programs running...)
- created a 2GB ramdisk and filled it with files
- checked available ram in process manager: 2.9 GB
:Thmbsup:

Bonuskort:
I installed Gavotte and it worked perfectly except that Vista (32-bit) will not enter hibernation mode any more.  Anyone else this happens to?

Vista complains that the ramdisk driver does not support hibernation.

Nod5:
Gavotte to works well on my XP 32bit system too.  :up:
I don't have Vista so I can't reproduce what you describe -- hopefully someone else can.

4wd:
I installed Gavotte and it worked perfectly except that Vista (32-bit) will not enter hibernation mode any more.  Anyone else this happens to?

Vista complains that the ramdisk driver does not support hibernation.-Bonuskort (May 18, 2009, 12:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't run Vista but I do have Win7 x86 installed on another PC and Gavotte both installs and runs fine - no impact on Sleep mode.

Haven't checked for using it above 3GB yet though.

Zero3K:
There's another RAM Disk software out there that I just learned of. Its called VSuite Ramdisk and has three versions (Free/Public, Professional, and Server). You can find it at http://www.romexsoftware.com. I just installed it and have had no BSODs so far (on Windows 7). I would have to say that its fast and efficient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version