ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Need help with running FARR in portable mode on a USB drive

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
History list (and search folder list) now auto-correct when drive letter changes -- good for portable use.
Not uploaded yet -- will be in next update.

apurvarc:
Great stuff! Will surely test and provide feedback. Is it in the 2.59.01 update?

mouser:
yes.

tomos:
mouser, I'm trying to set up FARR to run on a usbstick and search only (or at least first) in that drive

I have activated the "PORTABLE=TRUE" line as mentioned above by removing the \\\ before it.
I've added the current path to USB programmes folder and unticked everything else (for the moment) and it's finding stuff

so I'm wondering is that enough or do I need a relative path to the usbstick programmes folder? (if so can you give example of a relative path - I know the theory but havent actually used them. FARR is in same programme folder)

:) many thanks, tom

apurvarc:
mouser, I'm trying to set up FARR to run on a usbstick and search only (or at least first) in that drive

I have activated the "PORTABLE=TRUE" line as mentioned above by removing the \\\ before it.
I've added the current path to USB programmes folder and unticked everything else (for the moment) and it's finding stuff

so I'm wondering is that enough or do I need a relative path to the usbstick programmes folder? (if so can you give example of a relative path - I know the theory but havent actually used them. FARR is in same programme folder)

:) many thanks, tom
-tomos (June 21, 2009, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

You need to add relative paths for the directories in your portable drive.

E.g. You have FARR installed on X:\Applications\FARR (X being your USB drive)  and you need to index the folder X:\Documents\SomeFolder So to relatively add the folder just add the path as \Documents\SomeFolder (Without the Drive letter X:) FARR will always consider a \folder to be in the root of the drive that itself is installed to.

Hope this helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version