ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

dosearch only shows the first line

(1/2) > >>

kartal:
Hi

I have setup an alias that shows other aliases, kind of like grouping them. So I am using do search to make searches based names of other aliases.

This is the kind of structure I have

searchword
(no regex)
dosearch searchpic
dosearch search music

The problem is that Farr only shows me the first line. I have like 8 lines none of them are showing up in the list except 1st one when I invoke "searchword"

mouser:
did i break dosearch now?  nitrix uses them all the time, let me ask him to check and see if i broke this feature recently.

nitrix-ud:
@mouser, i use them daily and i see no problem here

i don't think it is possible to use multiple dosearch in a result lists... i think you can use only one dosearch at a time...

mouser:
yes, you can only use one dosearch, as the effect of it is to silently behave as if the user had typed in the stuff after the dosearch word -- and it happens instantly.  i guess that was what the question was about.

if you want to present a LIST of choices to the user, where they can hit enter and restart with that search, you would use restartsearch instead of dosearch.

just for the sake of discussion -- what did you want farr to do with the multiple dosearch lines? i.e. how would you have liked farr to behave?

kartal:
Thanks for the suggestions, I will give a try.

mouser I have quite a bit of aliases so I have decided to create group blocks, meaning that I would call a list(similar aliases) of aliases by a master alias first. That was my main goal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version