Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 30, 2014, 02:58:22 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Replace a text file input with a pipe or redirect for DDR?  (Read 4178 times)
springro
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 07, 2009, 07:10:56 AM »

This is probably more of a dos command question than strictly DDR, but that's what I'm trying to get this to work with.

Here's it is:
Running a script command that uses a text file as it's input.  The text file is just a list of files and some other fixed info on each line.

Import.bat  cr.txt -t restore

What I'd like to do is replace the "cr.txt" input file with a value from DDR based on a file name.  Any way to do this?

The other option is to run a two step .bat that creates the .txt file first, but thought there might be a way to avoid this.

Thanks,
Rob

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:38:12 AM »

thats a very good question.. as you say a two step process might be the way to go, where you first run a batch (or other program language script) to create the cr.txt and then run the import.

there is no easier way that DDR has for creating text files for you.  i could add such a feature, but my feeling has been that it's more sensible to encourage people to use a real scripting language to do such things and launch those scripts, rather than doing some adhoc thing built into DDR.
springro
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »

Pipes or redirects can't do anything like this?

I didn't think so, but figured I'd check before I before I got started. 

Thanks!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »

Pipes or redirects can't do anything like this?
well actually you might be able to -- i'm just not good enough at dos commandline stuff to know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.023s | Server load: 0.06 ]