ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Geek's "100 things to do before you die" list

<< < (3/6) > >>

f0dder:
FPGA == supercomputing? O_o

Gothic, how many normal people take on programming? (besides a few "power users" that might do some office scripting). Java != javascript by far, and while both languages might be relatively simple and not as batshit insane as LISP, but they're still programming... which is geeky/nerdy/whatever.

TinyURL and WordPress might not apply, though. Guess I should check the whole list once I get a bit more time :)

mouser:
Clearly the intent of the list is to expose a certain class of people to goals that they would not normally do.

So maybe if we rename this list to "100 geeky things for non-geeks to do before you die"

And then for people like Gothic we need a list of "100 normal person things for geeks to do before you die"
it can include things like:
"learn to drive a car"
"learn how to cook yourself a real dinner"
"learn how to talk to a girl"
"talk to someone about an operating system other than linux while keeping your blood pressure under 220"

app103:
"learn how to talk to a girl"
-mouser (May 07, 2009, 02:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shouldn't this be on your list?  :P

I think Gothi[c] figured that one out already...he's married to one. Didn't he have to talk to her first?

mouser:
Didn't he have to talk to her first?
--- End quote ---
nope.. he met her in a computer chat room.

mouser:
Shouldn't this be on your list?
--- End quote ---
hey.. i'm working my way down the line, slowly but surely.  this week i'm re-learning how to drive a car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version