ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Geek's "100 things to do before you die" list

<< < (6/6)

app103:
The most right-handed people I know have watches on left arm.
-fenixproductions (May 07, 2009, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Geek 2.0 doesn't wear a watch. It's just the strap from one. He uses his laptop or iPhone to tell what time it is.

f0dder:
*) The most right-handed people I know have watches on left arm.-fenixproductions (May 07, 2009, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm a lefty, and when I whore a watch (many years ago), it went on my left wrist.
* f0dder shrugs

fenixproductions:
Geek 2.0 doesn't wear a watch. It's just the strap from one.-app103 (May 07, 2009, 09:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know nothing about fashion but "just strap" must be that what makes G2.0 real geek* ;)

*) From my point of view it looks the same as pair of socks on naked man…

Edvard:
I don't like 'top lists'... but the bulk of these things are things normal (l)users would do. not geeks.... the first things that come to mind would be inventing a time machine, a warp drive, and stuff like that...
-Gothi[c] (May 06, 2009, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sooooo... We need a new geek list?

OK, I'll start (tip of the hat to Gothi[c]):

1- Come up with a practical design (as in, something actually possible to build with ordinary materials) for one of the following, assuming an adequate power supply (which is usually why these things don't exist outside of sci-fi movies). From what I've been able to gather, the physics for all of them are possible, they just need a big enough battery...

* Time Machine (constraints: bigger than a phone booth, smaller than a supercollider)
* Warp Drive
* Light Saber (you know I want this...)
* Anti-Gravity (constraints: scalable, for everything from civilian applications like hovercraft vehicles to big military/industrial projects like rocket-less spacecraft launches)
Next...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version