ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your basic desktop icon save/restore for 32 bit windows

<< < (2/4) > >>

lanux128:
@Miles: thanks for putting up the source but i'm hardly a duck to C++ waters.. i wanted command-line parameters so that i can launch save/restore functions via Farr instead of right-clicking on the desktop. :)

RoadKill:
Thanks for this one! :Thmbsup:  Now I can keep my precious desktop icons arranged the way I put them there.

MilesAhead:
@Miles: thanks for putting up the source but i'm hardly a duck to C++ waters.. i wanted command-line parameters so that i can launch save/restore functions via Farr instead of right-clicking on the desktop. :)
-lanux128 (May 06, 2009, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I understand but I don't have any C++ compiler set up, so how could I test it?
If you search hard enough you can probably find Richter's original C code.  It was a small dialog box with save/restore buttons.  There must be command line implementations around someplace.  Maybe softpedia or Sourceforge.net

MilesAhead:
Thanks for this one! :Thmbsup:  Now I can keep my precious desktop icons arranged the way I put them there.
-RoadKill (May 06, 2009, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome. I just wish MS would put out a free VC++ IDE so I could to it in 64 bit.  I think I'll have to wait awhile to see that though. :)

MilesAhead:
nevermind .. doesn't work for me.

Anyway, you can find it as easily(or with as much difficulty as I) I'm not having much luck with Vista64.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version