ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Am I missing something obvious? How do you paste???

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
questions for those having the problem where CHS starts to fail to paste:

do you have the "Watch Windows" checkbox checked? does it make a difference?
if we are talking about triggering this from the quick paste menu -- does it matter if you use the mouse or keyboard to trigger the item to paste?

and am i right that you are triggering the quick paste menu with the hotkey (not from system tray)?

who can reliably make CHS fail to paste into the last active window -- are you willing to test versions of CHS if i upload for you -- to help me diagnose the problem?

tomos:
[...]
who can reliably make CHS fail to paste into the last active window -- are you willing to test versions of CHS if i upload for you -- to help me diagnose the problem?
-mouser (September 24, 2009, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

It fails very regularly here mouser - but not reliably in the sense I cant predict exactly when it will fail.
Happy to test if you want.

If it's any consolation I had problems with ditto as well (I missed too many CH&S features as well so still using). Havent tried any other apps.

BTW that option is ticked here

mouser:
I have uploaded a debug version of just the exe to:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Private/ClipboardHelpAndSpell.zip

for those who can make the failure to paste problem occur, please try this version (might want to rename it or back up old version first before replacing it with this exe).

it will product a text file debugout.txt that contains some debug messages.

once you experience the problem, where selecting a quickpaste clip fails to paste it into the target application, you should then exit CHS, and open debugout.txt in a text editor, and pm me, and we can see if we can spot what went wrong.. i.e. did it misidentify the laste active window -- or fail to reactivate it, etc.

DonationCoderTransmit:
do you have the "Watch Windows" checkbox checked? does it make a difference?-mouser (September 24, 2009, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes I do, and it's the same on or off.

if we are talking about triggering this from the quick paste menu -- does it matter if you use the mouse or keyboard to trigger the item to paste?
--- End quote ---
Same using mouse or keyboard.

and am i right that you are triggering the quick paste menu with the hotkey (not from system tray)?
--- End quote ---
Yes.

--- End quote ---

Happy to help. I've attached the debugout.txt

Lots of "CHS FAILED TO PASTE  -- Last Active Window is 0."

Good luck!

DonationCoderTransmit:
And here's another one. This time I just copied the word "Test" then attempted to repeatedly paste it into the same Notepad window (using the mouse or keyboard hotkey from the quick paste menu). Nothing else is going on at the time. As the debugout2.txt shows, sometimes it works, but mostly it fails.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version