ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware)

<< < (18/20) > >>

doyusi:
Great app, thanks alot tranglos! I couldn't withheld my appreciation and donated as much as i can :)

I was looking a long time for such an app to get an overview on existing hotkeys and to use this information to assign new hotkeys.

First i found "Hotkey Commander" but it crashes already at start (Win 7 64x).
Then i tested "Hotkey Explorer" which starts but freezes and doesn't respond few seconds after its start. But it seems to be able for this app to to figure out which hotkey is occupied by which application. May be you(tranglos) can do it, as well.

Additional info: The "standard installer" version (of ActiveHotkeys) doesn't work on my system. I get the error "This program can only be installed on versions of Windows designed for the following processor architectures: x86".
But the portable starts and works well as far.

Thanks alot again!

josh1978:
Thank you for the program - very nice! But I'm not getting hotkeys that programs/applications use, say Microsoft Word. I ran the program and found that control + right arrow is empty, so I assigned that to a global shortcut.

Some time later I opened Microsoft Word, which uses this shortcut, and my global shortcut was ignored.

Not the end of the world. I just want to make sure I'm using your product right. I know that the tool won't identify which program uses the hotkey, but from what I understand, it should show that the hotkey is in use, correct?

Thanks!

Steven Avery:
The website says it works for 32-bit only, the conversations here seem to be about any Windows OS.

Is the program good for Windows 7 64-bit?
If not, is there a recommended alternative.?

"This application does not work correctly on 64-bit versions of Windows. Use it on 32-bit versions only."
http://www.tranglos.com/activehotkeys/

charlestek:
  :o    Tranglos, can you tell me what is the issue with Windows such that one cannot tell which program has registered particular hotkeys or shortcuts or duplicates?

I was discussing this issue over at 7Forums:  Hotkey Conflict

skwire:
Hi, charlestek, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

:o    Tranglos, can you tell me what is the issue with Windows such that one cannot tell which program has registered particular hotkeys or shortcuts or duplicates?-charlestek (May 03, 2015, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is such that the Windows API offers no function to determine which application has registered which hotkey.  In other words, there is simply no way to get the information from the operating system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version