ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware)

<< < (6/20) > >>

TomTrottier:
Very useful.   :-*
One suggestion: How about capturing which programs have which active hot keys, by having the program capture this whenever programs come to the fore, eg, by a delta with previous active keys. Put the program path in a new column, "Path", but if there is already an entry in "Path", then create a new entry for the key(s) with the new Path filled. This would be in addition to the Notes.
This would naturally be incomplete, as current apps will shadow new apps, but over time, could approach a complete picture.
 :Thmbsup: tOM

Carol Haynes:
Thanks - nice little tool.

Request: Is there any way to identify the application that registered the keys in use?

Bug: If the "About" tab is open when you click "Test Active Hotkeys" you get an error. You need to force it to open the Active Hotkeys tab before attempting to test.

tranglos:
Request: Is there any way to identify the application that registered the keys in use?
-Carol Haynes (May 07, 2009, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Alas, no, it doesn't seem possible under Windows. There is no API for that. Maybe if you're a deep hard core API hacker it's possible, but I doubt, since even at StackOverflow no-one seems to have an answer.

Bug: If the "About" tab is open when you click "Test Active Hotkeys" you get an error. You need to force it to open the Active Hotkeys tab before attempting to test.
-Carol Haynes (May 07, 2009, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, you're right. I'll post a fix. (I wanted to add a couple of features first, but this is an ugly error message, so I'd better not wait til then.)

tranglos:
also featured now in ghacks and freewaregenius  :huh: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/05/06/display-all-active-windows-hotkeys/
-mouser (May 07, 2009, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch, did you see the screenshot under Vista?

New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware)

I hate theming - it's only human to hate what I can't understand :) The application is themed, but I had to set the blue color for the checkbox groups manually, since by default they used clWindow, which was ugly. So now under Vista the color I set manually clashes horribly with the OS theme. Just great!  :o

tranglos:
Can you put the .ini files in the ActiveHotkeys folder?
-PhilB66 (May 06, 2009, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Done - please download the latest version (1.1.0). This is still a non-default setting, so you will need to use the /localconfig switch on the command line (you can add it to the Start menu shortcut used to launch AH).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version