ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help me build the ultimate metal playlist

<< < (4/5) > >>

Edvard:
Correction: Metallica and NIN did covers of Stone Cold Crazy, not Sheer Heart Attack, what was I thinking?

You guys put System Of A Down, Marylin Manson and Nine Inch Nails in a metal play list? :P
-rgdot (May 27, 2009, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, since we're on the topic...  :-[
CAUTION: Industrial Area Ahead

* Ministry - Thieves, Burning Inside, Stigmata
* 1000 Homo DJ's - Supernaut
As for speedy, How could I forget these two? They always made me want to go 90mph in a school zone:

* Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod
* Atari Teenage Riot - Speed

steeladept:
I am not a big fan of the genre, but one metal-head friend of mine just loves Twisted Sister.  Since I don't see it on the list, maybe they aren't around anymore, but something you might want to look into none-the-less.

app103:
I have kind of moved on from anything that might be considered metal, with the exception of some progressive symphonic metal like Shadow Gallery or Enchant.

But some stuff in my collection that I used to listen to a lot, before my taste really started changing...

Ария - Воля и Разум (this may be very hard to find)

The band is also known as "Aria" or "Ariya", and the song could be called "Volya I Razum" or "Volia I Razum" or "Volja I Razum" (translates to "Will and Reason").

Translation of the lyrics can be found at the bottom of this page.

This is from one of the oldest and greatest Russian metal bands. They have been around since the 80's, and still recording & touring. Their style is classic metal, NWOBHM. This song is from their 2nd album, from 1986, called "С Кем Ты?" (Who are you with?).

Their stuff is getting easier to find, though, and now it is possible you can find their stuff for sale on sites that are actually in English and accept American currency (1 "best of" album left at amazon.com) This is not something that was possible 6-7 years ago, when I first discovered their music. Thanks to the internet, they are gaining a new worldwide fame. Unfortunately, that also means they aren't giving the full song mp3 away on their website any more.

Some other stuff worth considering:

Crossbreed - Release Me
Crossbreed - Pure Energy
Disturbed - Stupify
Disturbed - Down With the Sickness
Disturbed - Shout 2000
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Godsmack - I Stand Alone
Puddle of Mudd - Control
Snake River Conspiracy - Homicide (it's nothing like their other stuff)
Static X - Black and White
Static X - Push It

and just about anything by Yngwie Malmsteen (including his neo-classical metal stuff), although I don't think you can go flying down the highway to his stuff. More like slam on the breaks, and then just sit there all bug-eyed, jaw dropped, & shaking, with your heart racing. It's like being hit with a stun gun.   :o

Eóin:
You need more Disturbed songs :P Specifically I'd add

* Criminal
* Facade
* Deify
to the tracks already mentioned.

Edvard:
APP!! Eastern Bloc metal FTW!!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

If you're into that, you may like Acid Drinkers.
They're from Poland and have been around since 1986.
They're all at once heavy, amazing and funny. Heavy obviously. Amazing because they really are good musicians. Funny because they sing in English which produces some unintended hilarity, and they have the good sense not to take themselves too seriously.

I discovered them when a Polish lady I worked with unintentionally bought a bunch of their tapes from a shady street vendor on a trip back home. Needless to say, it was not what she expected   :o so she brought them to work to see if anybody wanted them. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version