ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReOpen 4.9.6.0

<< < (5/17) > >>

mediaguycouk:
Much quicker, thank you.

Another bug through. Right clicking on the system tray and quitting doesn't quit while the folder cache window is open.

It quits as soon as the window is then closed but not as expected. I can certainly live with it but a known bug is better than an unknown one...

MilesAhead:
If you look in the About dialog it says about caching not being performed while the window is open.  The same loop that runs the tray icon does the caching. Likewise while the About dialog is up, nothing else is going on. I think it's likely that a convoluted way of trying to monitor 2 window loops would be more likely to mess up.

Part of it is due to the fact that AutoIt is an interpreted language.  As an example, I have an ActiveX Control to does MsgBox with unusual background colors. Optionally it has a Help button.  When you press the Help button in Delphi, or VC++ or C# or VB 6 it fires off the help context event.  I can display some help info while the MsgBox is still open.  I've tried it in AutoIt and Python and it fires the Help event after the MsgBox closes.  Not very helpful... just one of the limitations of running code that's not truly compiled. Of course there are advantages too, like Hotkeys that are easy to change on the fly. :)

That's also the reason there's no minimize button on the window frame.  Sort of giving the hint that the window is not meant to be left open all the time. Just pop up and launch, and disappear.

I'm hoping eventually I'll figure out how to have adjustable background color to the window and still have Glass work the way it does with black.  Depends how complicated.  I have a feeling I'd have to paint the glass area with solid black etc..  pita :)

MilesAhead:
I have some adjustable colors now when Glass is enabled as I did for FolderCache.

Here's a screen shot with purple background color

MilesAhead:
Much quicker, thank you.

Another bug through. Right clicking on the system tray and quitting doesn't quit while the folder cache window is open.

It quits as soon as the window is then closed but not as expected. I can certainly live with it but a known bug is better than an unknown one...
-mediaguycouk (May 15, 2009, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I took the direct approach.  While stuff is busy, the Tray Icon isn't there. :)

MilesAhead:
Both ReOpen and Folder Cache have been updated and uploaded

If Glass is enabled, there's an additional command in the tray icon menu to choose the background color from a combobox.  No need to edit the .ini file anymore. Also I added a few more colors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version