topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Actual Window Manager mini review  (Read 44806 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Actual Window Manager mini review
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 01:52 AM »
I'm running Vista 64-bit and have yet to see the memory leak (system has been running for over a week without a restart, though it does sleep at night). I am noticing an odd inconsistency inwhich the title bar buttons (and context menu, sadly) appear/disappear in certain programs. However, as tranglos notes, this affects apps that also add buttons to the title bar (DOpus 9, for example), so I'm living with it.

In sum, version 5.4 is exceedingly well behaved on my system and uses about a third the resources that UltraMon does.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 06:19 AM »
Well, thank you very much for the mini review... AWM replaced  FileBX now. (Finally.)
About the "too many buttons" on small windows: The group button is enough for me, as all features are hotkeyed..

:-*

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 11:10 AM »
One of the nice features of AWM is it's ability under Vista and Windows 7 to maximize the desktop background on a secondary monitor  :) I'm sure that if I researched this I'd find a hack I could do to do this myself, but it's nice to have AWM do it for me. It works even if AWM is not running on the machine  :-*

PS it also allows you to set unique wallpaper for each monitor attached to your system  :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:12 AM by Darwin »

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Yes, thanks for sorting out the discount.

Another one to add to the list of windows managers (Works very well on my system for last 6 months). I already use Ultramon but the regular expression matching of window titles works well for me ...

Window Layout Manager - Wilma.
Post a comment at the end of the above web page page for a link to the download location. Not sure I should disclose it directly without the authors permission

Home Page for Wilma

Thanks again for sorting the discount !!!!

Ok this is great. But how do you make it work only on active window that is under the mouse pointer? Is this only for managing multiple windows?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 03:09 AM »
http://www.actualtoo...dowmanager/whatsnew/

[!] Beginning from the version 8.0, the Upgrade Policy changes:

now purchasing the registration code grants you the Free Upgrades Subscription for a certain period (a year). During this period, you are eligible to get any new versions of the program for free. After this period expires, you will have to purchase another registration code to prolong the Free Upgrades Subscription (in case you want to do so). Otherwise, you can continue to use the last actual version of the program, it will remain registered and fully functional.
-AWM version 8

:(

also:

[!] Beginning from the version 8.0, the Licensing Policy changes:

now you must purchase as many copies of the program as many users will use the program simultaneously. There is no limit on the number of computers the program can be installed on and registered with the same registration code until the number of simultaneous users is less than or equal to the number of purchased copies. For more information, please refer to the license.txt document in the program's installation folder.
http://www.actualtoo...dowmanager/whatsnew/

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 01:06 AM »
Just wanted to let you know, awesome review. This software is pretty damn feature packed, I specifically like the ability to rearrange the taskbar on a second monitor (not many other multiple monitor apps/softwares or none at al have this ability).

Purchased!

;D
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.