ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Best PC User Time Controller?

<< < (2/2)

TinaD:
I think I can help you. It seems to me that parental control software will do the trick for you Ez OFF

List of features from their web site:

+   Auto Shut Down, Auto Reboot, Auto Lock PC, Auto Log OFF, Auto Suspend or Hibernate PC
+   Protects your computer even in Windows Safe Mode
+   Keeps computer Shut OFF or Locked Automatically. This is a unique feature, only Ez OFF® can keep PC turned OFF or locked for as long as you need it
+   Separate schedule for each day of the week
+   Separate schedule for each PC user
+   Multiple schedules per day
+   Time accumulation, maximum allowed time control
+   Precise turn OFF / turn ON time
+   Free household license up to 3 PCs per house per 1 purchased license
+   Protects from changing PC System Time
+   Protects Task Manager from unauthorized access
+   Ez OFF is password protected
+   Modern skin support
+   Customizable Parental Control notification PC Shutdown message
+   Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64 bit edition, Windows XP 64 bit edition compatible

Here is address http://www.yoursafetyguide.com/ezoff.aspx

I know the company cause I use another parental control software - Ez Internet Timer (http://www.internettimer.net). Really good software for parents. This is the perfect program for me because my daughter gets on the internet the minute she gets home and it is interfering with her school work. If you have the same problem, you can use Ez Internet Timer to schedule when your users (all 3 children) can access selected Internet activities such as Web Browsing, Instant Messenging, Email sending or File Sharing. As for me, I often set Ez Internet Timer to turn off Skype and MSN  while my kid does her homework.

x16wda:
Betsy, were you able to try any of the options from here, or did you find anything else that works for you?  I know a lot of families have the same issues, and sometimes having the technology enforce limits makes it easier.

I'm tempted to try the Kids PC Time Administrator that app mentioned above, looks like it could do a great job. What's missing is granular control over Internet sites.  In our house the kids could surf Youtube all day, it would be nice to have some capability to control the maximum Youtube time per day the same way it does computer time.

Deozaan:
I'm tempted to try the Kids PC Time Administrator that app mentioned above, looks like it could do a great job. What's missing is granular control over Internet sites.  In our house the kids could surf Youtube all day, it would be nice to have some capability to control the maximum Youtube time per day the same way it does computer time.
-x16wda (April 05, 2014, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

In that case, I'd look around for browser extensions. For example, on Chrome there's an extension called StayFocusd which will limit the time you can spend browsing, with a whitelist which allows unlimited time for certain sites.

x16wda:
For example, on Chrome there's an extension called StayFocusd
-Deozaan (April 07, 2014, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip - I could probably use this for my boy's pc for awhile (he's 6 so he may take awhile figuring out how to get around it) but I'll need something else for my girl's pc since she already has several different browsers in use.  I'll look around though -- excellent suggestion!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version