Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 28, 2014, 08:15:23 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: it's been a while since i said those special words...  (Read 2801 times)
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:58:23 AM »

it must be a couple of years since i said how much i love DC. i know it often is said by other members, i just tend to forget that all forums aren't like this one.

i really don't bother with other forums but i have been frequenting another for a few months now. it seemed almost on a par with DC; everyone friendly and willing to help out it seemed. everyone seemed very sensible and amiable.

now, just recently, quite a few of the core members have decided to gang-up on a relatively new member. their methods and remarks have been quite alarming to me - they've shown themselves to be pretty immature and intolerant (i'd jump to conclusions and say they must be children but i know they are old enough to run their own businesses).

also, these same core members found humour in someone's disability - mainly through their ignorance so i was willing to forgive them that.

i'll not go into details of who and where; i just wanted to say that i've just realised (again) how special DC and everyone here is. and mouser, of course. i'm still waiting for the owner of the other forum to step in and provide some calm and reason to the situation - just like mouser would do - but i suspect it won't happen.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:55:03 PM by nudone » Logged
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 07:15:17 AM »

ohmy Sad

If you need help - JUST ASK!
yksyks
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:27:51 AM »

I absolutely second nudone's words. Every time my web searches lead me to some other forums, I just become aware again of how special this forum is, and how I'm glad I can be a member of this community. Thanks to all.
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:18:36 AM »

There's always a drawback though, eh?
After all, I'm still here.

RRRRRRRpainRRRRRRR

Chris
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:55:45 AM »

what nudone and yksyks said!  Kiss

Love this place, it's very special and there certainly isn't anything like it that I know of.  drinksmiley
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »

RRRRRRRpainRRRRRRR

you'd better be!
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 01:31:46 PM »

Sad to hear, but I've seen the same sort of things happen, and it's what keeps me here on DC time after time.

Now, if folks posted here like they do on donationcoder IRC... *shivers*
 tongue

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 04:07:27 AM »

RRRRRRRpainRRRRRRR

What we do without you!  Kiss

If you need help - JUST ASK!
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:54:04 AM »

Sad to hear, but I've seen the same sort of things happen, and it's what keeps me here on DC time after time.

Now, if folks posted here like they do on donationcoder IRC... *shivers*
 tongue

You know you love us in the DC IRC channel.  cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.16 ]