I am looking for a calendar software for my club, c-base
. So far I have been using google calendar and someone else pulled its feed, added further items and republished it using phpcalendar. This is very messy and also we rely on google too much. Also I cannot control our official calendar, so when I update "my" calendar in google it can take a week until the rest of the world knows about it, this is no longer tolerable.
So I am looking for a software that
- runs on our server (php, python, perl, java...),
- can show the events in a nice manner (maybe popups or so for further information, images),
- lets my collegue manage the event with his thunderbird thingie,
- offers an interface that makes it easy to manage recurring dates,
- offers different categories for events
There is probably more I want, but this is what I can think of right now. If the layout of its "web face" can be customized easily it's plus but not a must. I am not impressed with phpcalendar so far.