ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

30 PC Games to Play Before You Die

<< < (7/7)

Shades:
Dungeon Siege a good game?!??!

6 Months after release Games drop in price tremendously in Holland...which is why I bought my copy of Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 (one box, 2 versions of the game) for the nice sum of 5 euro's from the bargain buckets in branches of toy store chains. After playing the complete first part (which was ridiculously easy) I couldn't be bothered to play part two any further than the beginning stage.

The game is way too forgiving towards the player and hands out treasure by the bucket. Too easy to get rich and be able to buy each time the best available armor and whatnot...if you didn't get it for free during the gathering of treasure. It's unfortunate, but this game was truly a waste of time and money.

Never Winter Nights 1 with all expansion sets (which I could buy for the nice sum of 20 euro's from a music store shelf) runs circles around Dungeon Siege. Better story, nicer graphics and puzzles that require the brain to actually work. Dungeon Siege did not do it for me at all, while I love Diablo 1 and 2. And I have an action figure of Diablo 2 to prove that  :)

phitsc:
Dungeon Siege a good game?!??!

6 Months after release Games drop in price tremendously in Holland...which is why I bought my copy of Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 (one box, 2 versions of the game) for the nice sum of 5 euro's from the bargain buckets in branches of toy store chains. After playing the complete first part (which was ridiculously easy) I couldn't be bothered to play part two any further than the beginning stage.

The game is way too forgiving towards the player and hands out treasure by the bucket. Too easy to get rich and be able to buy each time the best available armor and whatnot...if you didn't get it for free during the gathering of treasure. It's unfortunate, but this game was truly a waste of time and money.

Never Winter Nights 1 with all expansion sets (which I could buy for the nice sum of 20 euro's from a music store shelf) runs circles around Dungeon Siege. Better story, nicer graphics and puzzles that require the brain to actually work. Dungeon Siege did not do it for me at all, while I love Diablo 1 and 2. And I have an action figure of Diablo 2 to prove that  :)
-Shades (May 08, 2009, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
Different experiences, different tastes, they are a fact. I might not be a very good gamer, nevertheless I like doing it very much (although I don't have much time for it since I got kids, will hopefully get better again when they are a bit older :) ).

I remember I started Warcraft III twice and was stuck on one of the very first levels. I can only try a level so many times. Or Bioshock (5th rank on Metacritic). I stopped after only a couple of hours into the game because I didn't like it.

So Dungeon Siege was just about right for me :D

Proximo:
I played 11 of the 30 on that list.  The only problem with creating a list like this is simply that gamers have different taste.  No matter how good a game is, you will always find people that don't like it and vise versa.

What I think this article should have been called is.  "30 games I think you should try before you die" because it's simply the persons opinion.  Many gamers like certain Genre's in games and no matter how good a particular game can be, if you are not into that Genre, you will not enjoy it.

One example is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.  I believe it's one of the best game I have played simply because of the replay value.  I also love the RPG Genre.   Now this does not mean that someone how does not care for RPG Genre would also enjoy this game as much as I do.

With that said.  Some good games on that list and some other games I would not have any interest in ever playing. 

PC Gamer:
I have just checked them out a good list but of course the Best Games depend on people!

These Are MY TOP 3 from the list of 30!
I also wrote reviews about them!

Sid Meier’s Civilization IV http://www.pcgametrek.com/civilization-iv/
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City http://www.pcgametrek.com/grand-theft-auto-vice-city/
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 http://www.pcgametrek.com/red-alert-3/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version