ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Virtual text printer?

(1/4) > >>

kartal:
Hi

I am looking for a virtual text printer for my xp 64. Has anyone encountered-used such thing?

thanks

mouser:
i understand the concept of a virtual printer.. but not sure what you mean by "text" printer.  care to elaborate?

fenixproductions:
2kartal
Do you mean something like this?
http://www.frogmorecs.com/arts/using-the-generic-driver.html

Edited: If yes then why MS solution is not good enough? I assume it is available for x64 too...

kartal:
Sorry for being vague. I guess I meant using a printer driver to extract formatted text or somewhat formatted text. For example I have some pdf documents that I want to convert to text. Now I found an application that does it (generally does a bad job) , but that works only on printed pdf documents. What I am looking for a Free generic printer driver that might be able to work on any app that supports printing.

@fenixproductions

I saw that one and tried but I could not get to any place. Because the first part of the tutorial is missing. I am not sure what kind of port I am supposed to use for example. When you use printer wizard the first image is not the first window that comes up. I tried couple ports and they gave error.

fenixproductions:
2kartal
For each virtual printer I've got I have chosen "LPT1 (recommended)" and "FILE:" somewhere in the middle IIRC. That's all from my side BUT I have no real printer so that might be the source of the problems in your case.

BTW I've wanted to make Flash movie for you but decided not to do so because any dialogues would be in Polish ;) I can still make it IF you really want to but after some sleep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version