Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 20, 2014, 12:59:48 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Layers: screenshot with layers - Feature Req for Mouser's Screenshot Captor  (Read 2214 times)
electronixtar

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 22, 2009, 06:39:18 AM »

http://layersapp.com/

OK, another brilliant app under Mac.

I really hope Mouser's Screenshot Captor could do this  Grin

and some post-processing special effects would be cool. OK I am trying to describe one, sorry for my bad English

Put the 'layers' in 3D view, separate the window layers Z-distence a bit, and view the windows from a tilt angle for extemely cool screenshot.

The screenshot will somehow like the Salesforce for Google Apps: Product Tour

Or just like Vista's 3D Aero switch but more realist and screenshot-like. The relative position of window remain unchanged.

* 1.jpg (26.75 KB, 371x419 - viewed 140 times.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:59:36 AM by electronixtar » Logged

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 12:23:53 AM »

this is a case where it would be nice to interface some effects programs to screenshot captor -- but i dont think it makes sense to start building in every possible effect into the main program.
Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 01:54:20 AM »

Next time someone asks to put support for PhotoShop plugins as well   tongue
electronixtar

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »

Thanks for the reply mouser  Grin

IMO this is not an 'effect', but rather a improvment of the capture engine. Technically speaking taking a full screenshot is get hWnd 0x00 DC and convert it to bitmap. But apps like Layers is a innovation in the capture process, you have to iterate the active & non-active window to get the whole picture.

There are a lot of screen capture software out there, but one function might make Screenshot Captor unique is layered screenshot. If Screenshot Captor do not implement this, I think some other software might fill the gap.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:07:42 AM by electronixtar » Logged

Apocaliptis
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »

Grin Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF