ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: A better scratch pad

(1/2) > >>

Blinker:
I like having something that i can paste or type onto that sits on top, doesn't take much screen space, and doesn't nag me to save a temporary jotting (bit of code, URL that needs to be fixed, whatever) when I dismiss it.

Okay, so it exists already, I have two of them, and one is a little honey that sits in the tray. BUT I need one more feature. Because of my poor eyesight, I would love to have one that has an option for larger font so I can read what's on it (0^0). It shouldn't be too big a deal? I'm sure others would find it useful. :)

mouser:
this seems like a good candidate for a program that could be written in a few hours..

maybe you could provide the urls to the ones you already have, as examples of what you are looking for.

so maybe it would run in tray, you click to open it, and it would open a window on screen where you can type and paste text.

you want it to auto save, so you dont have to tell it to save.

and you want big fonts.

right?

tenseiken:
Sounds like a handy app.  I have a GeoShell plugin (geoList) that covers this area quite nicely, though.

nudone:
it might be worth trying something like 'ATnotes' http://atnotes.fr.st/

you can copy and paste to and from a note, hide note, keep on top note, etc.

the main reason i mention 'ATnotes' is that you could set the font type and SIZE to whatever you wanted, well, to whatever you have already on your system. you could also change the background and text color to make it easy to read.

oh, and it's free of course.

(that said, it's better than the other desktop note programs you have to pay for.)

mouser:
it does seem like this functionality is probably already provided by some of the many postit note type apps, or text editors, or hierarchical note apps, and might not be worth recoding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version