ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help: What's afaf1_s.dll

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
it's only 5 bytes big?  seems like it might be a copy protection data file masquerading as a dll -- i.e. a program you installed might have created it to keep track of when the trial period started, etc.

PhilB66:
Done that too... nada ( That was in response to lanux128 suggestion)

PhilB66:
it's only 5 bytes big?  seems like it might be a copy protection data file masquerading as a dll -- i.e. a program you installed might have created it to keep track of when the trial period started, etc.
-mouser (April 29, 2009, 03:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks mouser, that might be it but how could I tell to which program it belongs (and wtf it is cluttering system32 folder  >:() 

lanux128:
as mouser mentioned it's too small to be a DLL, it's more likely to be a beacon file.. and it's hard to say what might have dropped it into the system folder (recent downloads, visited websites, installed programs).. delete the file and retrace what you were doing earlier to see if it comes back..

PhilB66:
Thanks lanux128. Already renamed the file to .bak. See if I manage to find out which program created the file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version