ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PDF rotation is annoying. "Rotate View" vs. Real page Rotation

(1/1)

superboyac:
One thing I get annoyed in Acrobat and other pdf software is the whole rotation thing.  Inevitably, there are always convenient  buttons for rotating the view:

But to really rotate the page permanantly, there's no button.  Only a less useful dialog with options:

This is fine normally, but gets annoying when you have to do it a lot because of the extra clicks.  Why can't have a freakin button for real rotation.  I keep waiting version after version after version, but it's never there.  I hate how software people keep adding fancy new features to programs and never pay attention to minor little tweaks.  I have this issue both in Acrobat Pro, and in my favorite PDF editor, Bluebeam.

Nod5:
I think PDF viewers should in general be MUCH more customizable (like allow for adding custom buttons in custom order, not just enable/disable preset toolbars).

PDFTK is good at PDF rotation and easy to create batch jobs for with some scripting ( http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/ ). But you can't currently access it from within a PDFviewer so if you have a lot of single documents to rotate (not at the same time) then It would still be a hassle. If it was easier to add custom toolbar buttons then it would also be easy to create a pdftk script shortcut button.

superboyac:
No kidding, we're on version 9 already of Acrobat Pro and they keep adding useless feature after useless feature.  All these features they add are used by like 1% of users, but they'll never fine tune the cool, often used features.  Customizeable buttons and toolbars would have been nice, say, around version 6.  Maybe they'll add it by version 15.

tomos:
I keep waiting version after version after version, but it's never there.  I hate how software people keep adding fancy new features to programs and never pay attention to minor little tweaks.
-superboyac (April 28, 2009, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
hear hear -
I really think that that's how most users think.
But very few bigger software companies understand, unfortunately (and often the tweaks arent even so minor..)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version