ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Best Of: text editors

<< < (16/36) > >>

utility man:
It's been pointed out to me that Emeditor does support native file comparison.
Haven't checked this out yet but appologies in advance if my original post was in error.

utility man:
Jussi Jumppanen
Thanks for your reply. It's always good to hear from the author's perspective.
I did trial Zeus a year or so ago and, to be honest, I can't recall why I dismissed it.
I may be confusing it with slickedit, but I seem to remember cost being an obstacle. Again, I'll check this out and re-post.
Admittedly, it is difficult to keep up because pro-active authors are keen to deliver updates but users are not always aware of them.
Apologies if, by not including it, I have sold your product short.  I will check it out again.
Stay tuned.

tranglos:
It's been pointed out to me that Emeditor does support native file comparison.
-ivery (May 04, 2009, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

There is a Diff plugin for EmEditor, letting you compare two of the open files:

EditPad Pro lets you compare the current file with its backup. In both cases differing lines are shown in blocks one above another, not side by side:

Both implementations are very, very basic - nowhere near what dedicated diffing programs such as Beyond Compare offer.

mwb1100:
but I seem to remember cost being an obstacle
-ivery (May 04, 2009, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey Jussi - maybe a DonationCoder discount is in order (can't hurt to ask, right?).

urlwolf:
Two things that I really need and not many editors provide: ctags integration, and split window so you can show two files. Vim does that, but not many others.

Having mercurial integrated would be a plus, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version