ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Stop FARR From Searching Further?

(1/3) > >>

J-Mac:
Hi mouser.

This is in reference to launching applications. More and more I find myself accidentally launching the wrong program with FARR. I type in the first few letters and after searching for a few seconds FARR seems to stop with its list of results. I see that the program I wish to launch is shown as #2 so I press "2" on the number pad. However just as I press it FARR suddenly adds some more results and changes the order, making result #2 a completely different item than the program I intended to launch. Of course if it is a program that is slow launching I have to wait for it before closing it and using FARR again.

How can I make sure FARR stops changing the search results before I commit to pressing a number key?

Also, FARR seems to be slower than it was in the past. I haven't changed any settings in it, but since there have been many updates to FARR I imagine that by not changing some settings I have unwittingly had the settings changed simply by virtue oif the updates' new default settings. Anything suggestions to make it fast for launching once again?

Thanks!

Jim

TucknDar:
Pressing 'Esc' should stop the search.

superboyac:
Pressing 'Esc' should stop the search.
-TucknDar (April 27, 2009, 08:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't think that quite addresses the problem.

I've run into this a couple of times myself.  Maybe there could be an option added where farr stops searching after a set number of seconds.  Like 2 seconds.  and if you want more, then press some key.

mouser:
Tuck's suggestion to hit escape should work, or you can hit the down arrow.
Superboy, i'm not sure people would like having to press a key to search further..

superboyac:
Tuck's suggestion to hit escape should work, or you can hit the down arrow.
Superboy, i'm not sure people would like having to press a key to search further..
-mouser (April 27, 2009, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
ok...I don't know anyway.  So if you press down, the searching stops?  I think I knew that...that's cool.  Works for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version