ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Comodo Software Removed from Softpedia (licensing problems)

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
This paragraph is very telling:

As a final note regarding the Ask toolbar, feel free to install Comodo with all three checkboxes unselected and then download the Ask toolbar separately. When the download process is over, Comodo will detect the Ask toolbar as Unclassified Malware@8305287 and require confirmation for copying it to your download folder. Any other comments on this matter would be redundant.-http://news.softpedia.com/news/Comodo-Software-Removed-From-Softpedia-110169.shtml
--- End quote ---
-Deozaan (April 28, 2009, 11:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is... kinda cute :)

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Wilders has had a big discussion on this, at times a bit unwieldy.  They did post the picture I sort-of remembered. (not sure of the inline pics yet, so I have it as the attachment .. still learning).

And I put in my comments here.
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1457352&postcount=192

Shalom,
Steven Avery

PhilB66:
Comodo Software Removed from Softpedia [UPDATED]

Update: It was brought to our attention that users installing SafeSurf are informed in the utility’s EULA regarding the inclusion of Ask.com software in their browser. Informing the user that third-party software irrelevant to the main product's functionality will be installed without leaving room for option is not, by far, normal behavior. That would practically imply that producers can force users into installing any third-party software or changing their homepage or search engine and get away with it, because a notification was made in the EULA. Furthermore, the graphic provided in the setup window is clearly deceiving as it does not show the Ask.com toolbar that is installed along SafeSurf.

As a final note regarding the Ask toolbar, feel free to install Comodo with all three checkboxes unselected and then download the Ask toolbar separately. When the download process is over, Comodo will detect the Ask toolbar as Unclassified Malware@8305287 and require confirmation for copying it to your download folder. Any other comments on this matter would be redundant.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version