ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

FREE Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009

<< < (2/2)

cyberdiva:
One other disadvantage of Ashampoo is that once you get one of their products, you'll be bombarded with emails offering you upgrades, other products, ad nauseum.  I'm not talking about a monthly email, or even an every-few-weeks email.  I'm talking about email messages just about every other day.  I don't have a problem with the quality of Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009, which I think I got during a free offer.  But the constant assault of emails has turned me off.

Innuendo:
One other disadvantage of Ashampoo is that once you get one of their products, you'll be bombarded with emails offering you upgrades, other products, ad nauseum. -cyberdiva (April 12, 2010, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh man...words do not exist that would allow me to agree to your statement as fully & completely as I wish I could! I signed up for a free Ashampoo offer *once*. It was well over a year before the spam deluge stopped.

Curt:
-I am surprised by your experiences. Yes, Rainer Lesani (AND MrReg AND more addresses) is much too keen on hitting the Send -button several times a week, but also his (their) mails includes the usual line that you could respond to:

If you no longer wish to receive this Service Letter (to: _curt_ @ xxxx.dk) please click here.
Ashampoo® will not give your e-mail address to any other companies.
--- End quote ---
-it worked for me.

cyberdiva:
Curt, I may have to resort to that.  I haven't, since I thought it would be a good idea to receive messages from them that dealt with either problems or specific updates to the program I have.  Typically, such messages would come once every few months.  But the constant barrage usually has nothing to do with the program I have.  Even if it did, the frequency would be oppressive.  To be honest, I was surprised when I tried the program (quite a while after I got it for free, probably via GAOTD): I assumed from the absurd number of emails that it was a piece of junk, but it turned out to work quite well.  They're shooting themselves in the foot, I think.

Curt:
I only hear from Ashampoo when they actually have something to tell. As I said, "it worked for me". Their programs are okay, nothing wrong. They are updated constantly; nothing wrong. The major problem is how often these updated are called upgrades, going from one major version to the next major version and "forcing" you to pay for yet another upgrade. That is extremely often, and no longer acceptable to me.

The mails from Rainar Lesani, MrReg, and other addresses I can't remember right now, are truly a PITA. But I don't think Ashampoo cares too much, because the shots seem to never hit any of their own feet; the company is constantly growing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version