ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Start Panicking! ... and polishing those tin foil hats.

(1/6) > >>

nosh:

Start Panic! is a site that shows you your browsing history. It won't be a great revelation for the real tech-heads on board but was quite an eye-opener for me. The site seems to do what it does using JavaScript - I'm off to take a serious look at NoScript.  :)

40hz:
I'm off to take a serious look at NoScript.  :)
-nosh (April 25, 2009, 05:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good. "Make it so." ;D

(Seriously. Don't surf without it. :Thmbsup:)

nosh:
I installed it - then got annoyed with the extra housekeeping involved - and uninstalled it.

tomos:
well
I just had a look - it showed 113 sites I had visited - I may be wrong but I think it didnt pick up on sites I had visited via Opera(?) (Disclaimer - I swear I wasnt trying to hide those sites :o but if that is the case, then Opera could be a good bet for more privacy...*)

I installed it - then got annoyed with the extra housekeeping involved - and uninstalled it.
-nosh (April 25, 2009, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
noscript? gotta admit I disabled it a short while after installing it ...

* EDIT/ * 
no, doesn't seem to pick up on Opera surfing - mind you it's showing a lot of stuff I looked at an age ago and some pages I look at regularly, but I dont see anything there I've looked at this evening for example (FF is my default browser btw)

MilesAhead:
I installed it - then got annoyed with the extra housekeeping involved - and uninstalled it.  (see attachment in previous post)
-nosh (April 25, 2009, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use NoScript, but for me it's not enabling facets of a site on the first visit, but the Updates every other day.  Between it and FlashGot, if you have any script launching the default browser, if that's Firefox, you can't count on it launching unimpeded.  Can't they release updates on every Tuesday like when Wimpy pays his tab?  :)

I hope Sandboxie get it going with the W7 32 bit support. It's easier just to run Sandboxed then "Enable Scripts Globally Dangerous" :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version