ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

$10 Orange Box on Steam

(1/3) > >>

Ehtyar:
I imagine many already know about this but...

This weekend Steam is cutting the price of the epic Valve collection the Orange Box to only $10. Yes, $10. If you don't own this yet, you know what to do.

Are you a gamer who doesn't yet own the Orange Box for the PC? This weekend should have you covered, as you can pick up the package of six games for only $10. That's right, the whole thing is only $10.

That gets you Half-Life 2, HL2 Episode 1, HL2 Episode 2, HL2 The Lost Coast, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. It's an amazing stack of amazing games, and it's only $10. If you were looking for an excuse to give in and pick the game up, you have it. Bought separately, the games would cost you around $85.
-ArsTechnica
--- End quote ---

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/04/the-orange-box-is-now-only-10-on-steam.ars

Ehtyar.

fenixproductions:
"Bought separately, the games would cost you around $85."

Heh, it's always made me laugh to read something like that ;)

I bought my copy for about 25-30$ two years ago and I don't see anything special about "this weekend" offer. I remember "HL2 The Lost Coast" crashing like hell but despite that "Portal" makes this deal great.

gexecuter:
I wish i had 10 dollars for this offer but i don't so i am screwed :( *cue sad violin*

lanux128:
good deal, i'd say even if you're only going to play Portal but HL2: Lost Coast is not a game. it's more like a technical preview for HDR.

mnemonic:
Good spot  :Thmbsup:

Is it me though, or are the Steam servers painfully slow?  I'm just downloading Portal at the moment in my local region (UK) and it's stuck at around 100-150KB/s (I can normally get 500KB/s on downloads).  Considering how big the games are, downloading them all could take a while  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version