ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Top Greasemonkey userscripts that you use

<< < (6/8) > >>

Innuendo:
so, where is the script for updating my scripts?  :tellme:

- without such a script feature, I cannot be too impressed with Greasemonkey itself.
-Curt (November 25, 2009, 06:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Each script author is responsible for including code in their script for auto-updating. I have a couple scripts I run that auto-update themselves, but most do not.

Curt:
- okay, then.

But being at a coder's site, one must ask if there is anything "we" can do to add such a code, if it is missing?

Ehtyar:
so, where is the script for updating my scripts?  :tellme:

- without such a script feature, I cannot be too impressed with Greasemonkey itself.
-Curt (November 25, 2009, 06:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Most of the frequently (recently) updated scripts contain code to notify you of updates. The Download From YouTube script april mentioned is a good example.

Still, I can't quite understand how lack of an automatic update feature makes GreaseMonkey itself any less impressive, many scripts don't require such functionality at all (autocomplete on, linkify, tinyurl decoder etc).

Ehtyar.

Curt:
Facebook Fixer, Inline Google Player, Yuosable TubeFix, Anti-Disabler, YouTube HD Suite, Add The "I'm Feeling Lucky" Button, and Google Tracking-B-Gone, are my scripts. At least three of these seven needs regular updating.

I used to have a couple more scripts, regarding Google and YouTube, but they were not updated, and lost their effect. The same thing will eventually happen to some of those that I have now - Google and YouTube are changing the codes very often.

Curt:
speaking about lack of updates...

Facebook Fixer-CWuestefeld (May 11, 2009, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I installed Facebook Fixer only yesterday, and already it I am going to remove it because of lack of updates... so to speak. It shows both wrong birthdays and zodiac signs.
Has anyone else the same problem?  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version