ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Top Greasemonkey userscripts that you use

<< < (3/8) > >>

lanux128:
Lifehacker have come up with a 2009 edition of Top 10 Greasemonkey User Scripts.

• http://lifehacker.com/5245938/top-10-greasemonkey-user-scripts-2009-edition

CWuestefeld:
Here are a few of my favorites:

* Collapsible Amazon - selectivelyget rid of some the vast amount of cross-sell sections that Amazon throws on all its pages
* Amazon Historical Price Linky - link to a site that shows price change history: are you getting a good deal?
* Hacker News OnePage - Make the Hacker News site much more user-friendly
* Remove Facebook Ads - just what it sounds like
* Facebook Fixer - restructures the FB page to carry a little more info, a little less fluff

IainB:
@ayryq
I tried that "Autocomplete On" Greasmonkey script you referred to. It works a treat - thankyou for the pointer! Nice find.    :Thmbsup:

For quite a while, I've had two small problems whilst using Firefox - and they're not peculiar to Firefox.

1. Text fields blocked from auto-insert: On some bank logon sites, they disable the ability for a secure password keeper to automatically insert bank ID and password details. So, you have to manually copy and paste the things, every time you login. I find this tedious in the extreme. The "Autocomplete On" Greasmonkey script fixes that, and the problem goes away.

2. Select and Copy is disabled: On some (not many) web sites, the web page disables the user's ability to select and copy text or images on the web page. e.g., at Snopes.com, where, if you look at the source, I think they do this with the JavaScript "function disableselect(e)". I still haven't found a fix for this.

Has anyone else found the same problem or found a fix for problem #2?

RNiK:
GMail Without Ads!
Folders4Gmail
Enlarge Facebook profile images
Resiziable Text Fields
Google Reader Favicon ++

;)

RNiK:

2. Select and Copy is disabled: On some (not many) web sites, the web page disables the user's ability to select and copy text or images on the web page. e.g., at Snopes.com, where, if you look at the source, I think they do this with the JavaScript "function disableselect(e)". I still haven't found a fix for this.-IainB (May 13, 2009, 10:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Re-enable Text Selection specifically for Snopes.com.
Anti-Disabler (Enable right-click and highlight) for general use.

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version