topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: Sort images into folders based on resolution  (Read 89768 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: Sort images into folders based on resolution
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2016, 07:36 PM »
Hi, pepanee, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Here's an update with a fix.

Website | Download
v1.0.8 - 2016-10-15
    + Added icons to the interface buttons.
    ! The "Matches/Does not match" option was not saved.  (Thanks, pepanee)

pepanee

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2016, 10:46 PM »
Hello skwire,
You're welcome, and

Thank you so much for this program! I have it set up to detect any new wallpaper that I have in a folder to make copies of any wallpaper that is not 16x9, so I can be aware and fix that wallpaper image for my Desktop Slideshow & Lock Screen Slideshow on Windows 10.

Thank you so much for that little bug fix. Now the program works perfectly! All I have to do now from time to time is to open Dimensions 2 Folders and press the Go button!

Awesome program!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2016, 10:55 PM »
Thank you so much for that little bug fix.

You're quite welcome.  :Thmbsup:  I'm glad you find the program useful.  :)

wolcluck

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Three further suggestions
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2017, 11:04 AM »
Hi.  Thanks for writing Dimensions 2 Folders.   I sent a small donation and encourage others to do the same.  A few suggestions:
1: Dimension order:
It appears that the 9 x 16 option also captures 16 x 9?  It would be nice if there were a checkbox to tie the first dimension to width, 2nd to height? 
Why: to winnow out images that will fit on a hard landscape oriented device vs portrait

2: Only 1 identical image of same name
The current default of adding "(2),(3)..." to images of the same name is righteous.  However, a checkbox might engage feature to capture an "identical" file.  I think identical byte sizes would be good enough test for me, but of course to do it right, you'd want to do byte-wise comparison.
Why: So I don't have to find and delete identical files on my own

3: Folder replication
You have an option to recursively descend into source subfolders.  Maybe another option would recreate the same tree on the destination side?  When a new file is copied, if its relative folder doesn't already exist, create new folder(s) and then place copied file in same relative place.
Why: Because my wife spent a lot of time dividing things neatly into folders.

4: Size limitation
This one is tricky.  Basically copy no more than <specified> K bytes.  For extra credit either create additional folders and copy into them as needed or else allow for a second run to start where the first one stopped?  (It might have to work exclusively from suggestion #3 above.)
Why: to divvy source images for limited size media (4G thumb drives, for instance)

cci8j

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Indeed, this is a powerful tool and a great way to sort. I had an additional request, and was curious if it would be easy and appropriate to add-- I think much of the fore-knowledge to implement it is already inherent to the tool.

I find myself in the position of staging other, unrelated imaging automation (like batch re-sizing), and for it to succeed, I need to separate the "portrait" orientations from the "landscape" orientations. Could a mode be offered that would simply create those two directories in the target, and (as today) copy or move the images appropriately?

Thanks Skwire, for a useful tool, and for entertaining the feature request; of course, if I'm missing how it can do this, forgive the ignorance.

-C

zephyrprime

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 09:03 PM »
I used to run this successfully but with the 2016 version I get the following error when I launch the app
error: can't load icon"

Also, is the source code available for this app?  I would like the ability to create symbolic links rather than copying or moving so that the images can stay in their original folder location but also be sorted by dimensions.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:12 PM by zephyrprime »

Rockets

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2020, 02:03 PM »
I tried to find similar peace of software, but google didn't show me this site. After long searching, this site came to mind and  I added donationcoder to my query. I'm sorting 2000 pics for my picture frame right now. Thanks a lot!  :-* :P :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:19 PM by Rockets »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2020, 02:30 PM »
I tried to find similar peace of software, but google didn't show me this site. After long searching, this site came to mind and  I added donationcoder to my query. I'm sorting 2000 pics for my picture frame right now. Thanks a lot!  :-* :P :Thmbsup:

Great to hear.  I hope the program worked well for you.   :Thmbsup:

aires69uk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2024
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2024, 07:59 AM »

Great to hear.  I hope the program worked well for you.   :Thmbsup:

I came across this software in 2013 and I've kept hold of it for years.

I know it's been a few years since you posted to this thread, but I wondered if it might be possible to tweak the utility so that when you split the files to a new folder, it not only creates folders based on dimension, but retains the original folder structure?

So for example..

My original folder might be Melissa which contains sub-folders Amalfi Coast Summer 2012, Australia Mobile Uploads, Christmas.

If I move the photographs to a new folder, could they be listed as follows?..

D:\Melissa [Parent Folder]

D:\Melissa\Amalfi Coast Summer 2012\1000 x 1000
D:\Melissa\Amalfi Coast Summer 2012\900 x 900
D:\Melissa\Amalfi Coast Summer 2012\800 x 800

Or is this too complicated?

aires69uk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2024
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Sort images into folders based on resolution
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2024, 08:03 AM »
2wreckedcarzz
If you take a look on linked thread you'll be done :)
http://ghisler.ch/bo...ewtopic.php?p=163528

Patched version:
http://fenixproducti...com/tmp/MRTpatch.zip

Just drag'n'drop your pictures into it and use similar settings to these on screenshot:

[attachthumb=#,msg161407][/attachthumb]

After Start you're done :)
-fenixproductions (April 24, 2009, 06:18 PM)

I came to this forum because I had a query regarding Dimensions2Folders and I noticed your post.

I have tried to locate the software at the link without success and I cannot find it on Google or Wayback Machine.

I have located a page at Github under the name of 'majkinetor' but there are no files on that page.

Therefore I wondered whatever happened to this as it feels like something I would use and keep forever.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2024, 03:40 PM »
Therefore I wondered whatever happened to this as it feels like something I would use and keep forever.

Not sure what exact software you are pointing at here (multiple links, and a different thread subject... :huh:)

The user fenixproductions wasn't migrated to the new DCMembers,.com/[username] site it seems (it was a manual move with a temporary redirect, that they didn't participate in, AFAICS)

The ghisler link is still working.

The download for the Dimensions2Folders software by skwire, in this thread, is also still working.