ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Sort images into folders based on resolution

<< < (8/13) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.5 - 2009-09-17
    + Added new sort mode based on aspect ratio.  (Thanks, FrankEBailey`)
    + You can now cancel a scan.  (Thanks, FrankEBailey`)
    + All settings are now saved.  (Thanks, FrankEBailey`)

DONE: Sort images into folders based on resolution

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.6 - 2010-03-06
    ! Fixed some 120 DPI graphical issues.  (Thanks, TT1)

mjbiggs:
Hello

Just found your software and thinks it's excellent.

Don't know if you're still able/want to work on this, and hope this doesn't offend in anyway, but purely for selfish reasons, had a few of thoughts on possible enhancements:

1. when a user inputs a list of acceptable resolutions, would it be possible to incorporate a facility for having the images put into folders with the greatest common denominator equivalents of the given resolutions, ie a 'reduce to gcd' option (eg. 1200x900 reduces to 4:3); or alternatively, a 'reduce to decimal' option (eg. 1200x900 reduces to 1.33, or 1.333 - whatever sig fig is specified);

2. in the same way that a user is allowed to input a list of acceptable resolutions, would it be possible to incorporate a facility for inputting a list of acceptable aspect ratios, using either improper fractions (eg 400:300) or decimals (eg 1.33)

Thanks

mjbiggs:
Hello again

Just thinking about my previous post and reckon it could do with revising - please consider this one instead.

Possible enhancements:

1. for the first, automatic, sort method, have alternative options:

a) sort by resolution - as currently exists
b) sort by aspect ratio - reduced to greatest common denominator
        user to specify any padding, eg 1200x300 reduces to 12x3, then
            pad left=0, pad right=0 -> 12x3   (default)
            pad left=2, pad right=2 -> 12x03
            pad left=3, pad right=2 -> 012x03
c) sort by aspect ratio - reduced to decimal
        user to specify sig fig before and after decimal point, eg 400x300 reduces to 1.33, then
            before point=0, after point=2 -> 1.33 (default)
            before point=3, after point=4 -> 001.3333

2. for the second, list driven, sort method, have alternative option:
        in the same way that a user is allowed to input a list of acceptable resolutions,
        would it be possible to incorporate a facility for inputting a list of acceptable aspect ratios,
        using either improper fractions (eg 400x300, 040x030, etc) or decimals (eg 1.33, 001.333, etc)

3. for all sorting have the option to sort portrait equivalents in the the same folder as their landscape counterparts,
        eg, have a check box 'inverse ratios in same folder' or similar, which if ticked,
             would for example allow all images 3:4 to be sorted into the same folder as all images 4:3

Sorry about revised post - will sleep now!

Thanks again

skwire:
Don't know if you're still able/want to work on this, and hope this doesn't offend in anyway-mjbiggs (December 01, 2010, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe...none taken.   :)

1. when a user inputs a list of acceptable resolutions, would it be possible to incorporate a facility for having the images put into folders with the greatest common denominator equivalents of the given resolutions, ie a 'reduce to gcd' option (eg. 1200x900 reduces to 4:3); or alternatively, a 'reduce to decimal' option (eg. 1200x900 reduces to 1.33, or 1.333 - whatever sig fig is specified);

2. in the same way that a user is allowed to input a list of acceptable resolutions, would it be possible to incorporate a facility for inputting a list of acceptable aspect ratios, using either improper fractions (eg 400:300) or decimals (eg 1.33)-mjbiggs (December 01, 2010, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think both of these requests could be handled by making the aspect ratio section into a list-driven setup like the resolution section.

1. for the first, automatic, sort method, have alternative options:

a) sort by resolution - as currently exists
b) sort by aspect ratio - reduced to greatest common denominator
        user to specify any padding, eg 1200x300 reduces to 12x3, then
            pad left=0, pad right=0 -> 12x3   (default)
            pad left=2, pad right=2 -> 12x03
            pad left=3, pad right=2 -> 012x03
c) sort by aspect ratio - reduced to decimal
        user to specify sig fig before and after decimal point, eg 400x300 reduces to 1.33, then
            before point=0, after point=2 -> 1.33 (default)
            before point=3, after point=4 -> 001.3333-mjbiggs (December 02, 2010, 03:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I want to leave the first option as is since that was what the initial program request was for.  Also, I don't understand the need for all those padding requests.  Maybe it's so stuff lines up in a file manager that's using a fixed-width font?  At any rate, I think it's out of scope for this application and would be better suited to a dedicated file/folder renaming application.

2. for the second, list driven, sort method, have alternative option:
        in the same way that a user is allowed to input a list of acceptable resolutions,
        would it be possible to incorporate a facility for inputting a list of acceptable aspect ratios,
        using either improper fractions (eg 400x300, 040x030, etc) or decimals (eg 1.33, 001.333, etc)-mjbiggs (December 02, 2010, 03:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

As I mentioned earlier, I think I'll change the aspect ratio section into a list-driven interface.  Again, I don't understand the need for all the padded value stuff.

3. for all sorting have the option to sort portrait equivalents in the the same folder as their landscape counterparts,
        eg, have a check box 'inverse ratios in same folder' or similar, which if ticked,
             would for example allow all images 3:4 to be sorted into the same folder as all images 4:3-mjbiggs (December 02, 2010, 03:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll consider this as well.  Apologies for the late reply; I've been on a business trip all week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version