ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Sort images into folders based on resolution

<< < (4/13) > >>

skwire:
My idea is to calculate "with X heigh" and truncate the last 3 to 6 digits
  800 *   600 = 480k
1024 *   768 = 786k
1920 * 1200 =    2M or 2.3M
-Lebewesen (July 25, 2009, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm...multiplying the width times the height is not a good indicator of file size.  Did you maybe mean a rounded off total pixel count?

As I understand your program - I'll get diffrent direcorys for landscaped and portrait as it is right now? This is also be good if I want to filter landscape and portait.-Lebewesen (July 25, 2009, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that would be the case.

Lebewesen:
Hmmm...multiplying the width times the height is not a good indicator of file size.  Did you maybe mean a rounded off total pixel count?
-skwire (July 25, 2009, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
That was my intention - sorry I'm not a nativ english speaker.
My Intention was a pixel count. I think it is good for sorting HighRes and LowRes pictures.

skwire:
My Intention was a pixel count. I think it is good for sorting HighRes and LowRes pictures.
-Lebewesen (July 25, 2009, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ahh, that makes much more sense.  Sure, I can do this.

Esker:
This is a lovely piece of software, and something I've been looking for (on and off) for at least a year now. I do have one request I'd like to add to it, however.

I'd like to see an option to sort out just one specific resolution, or a list of specified resolutions, so that I can run the program on my bulk image downloads folder and pull out all the images that are wallpaper sized, without worrying about having hundreds of extraneous folders created that then get in the way of other sorting (exactly 400 folders created this batch, amusingly).

As an added bonus, but much lower priority, a sub-option that would create a second folder for images that almost match the required res but not quite, e.g. 1682x1050 or 1680x1040. Perhaps with a definable pixel or percent range.

Cheers.

skwire:
I'd like to see an option to sort out just one specific resolution, or a list of specified resolutions, so that I can run the program on my bulk image downloads folder and pull out all the images that are wallpaper sized, without worrying about having hundreds of extraneous folders created that then get in the way of other sorting (exactly 400 folders created this batch, amusingly).
As an added bonus, but much lower priority, a sub-option that would create a second folder for images that almost match the required res but not quite, e.g. 1682x1050 or 1680x1040. Perhaps with a definable pixel or percent range.-Esker (August 16, 2009, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dimensions 2 Folders has been updated to v1.0.3: Webpage | Download

v1.0.3 - 2009-08-17
    + Added a second sort method that allows you to specify specific resolutions to
      sort (along with a +/- threshold for each).  (Thanks, Esker)

This new method, 'Sort only images that match these resolutions', allows you to set only certain resolutions to sort.  You can also set a +/- threshold for each resolution to catch those images that are "close" to your target resolution.  For instance, if you set a width of 800, a height of 600, and a threshold of 20, this will match any image with a resolution between 780 and 620.  All such images will be sorted into an 800x600 folder.  If you want to match a resolution EXACTLY, set the threshold to 0.

DONE: Sort images into folders based on resolution

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version