topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: Tag2Folder-New Feature added 1.0.3 'Close Tag2Folders after Conversion'  (Read 93770 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Another feature that might prove useful when handling large numbers of files would be to an option to ignore files where any of the tags are empty and leave them where they are, rather than moving to a folder such as Fix Me.
yeah that might be nice as an option.

drumbeats1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello I just used your tool on my library and it worked great the first time, I have a question regarding duplicates. Is there a way to notify me of or skip songs I already own and have sorted? Currently it files them in the correct folder with the file I already have with a bracketed number but I don't want to have to perform search for all files with the bracketed number then delete them every time I add large amounts of music.

Thank you.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, drumbeats1, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

Is there a way to notify me of or skip songs I already own and have sorted? Currently it files them in the correct folder with the file I already have with a bracketed number but I don't want to have to perform search for all files with the bracketed number then delete them every time I add large amounts of music.

I'm not quite sure I understand you.  When you add new music, are you adding from a different folder than the destination (your final music folder, I presume)?  Or, are you adding the new music the eventual destination and then constantly re-sorting the whole destination folder?

newlexicon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've used this little program with great success in the past. I've recently installed it again after formatting my computer and now I can't seem to get it to do any organizing..The destination folder remains empty every time. I've set my Source and Destination folders and selected a Template. That's ll thats really required to make it function, right? Also those input preferences never save when the program is closed and reopened. What am I missing?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've used this little program with great success in the past. I've recently installed it again after formatting my computer and now I can't seem to get it to do any organizing..The destination folder remains empty every time. I've set my Source and Destination folders and selected a Template. That's ll thats really required to make it function, right? Also those input preferences never save when the program is closed and reopened. What am I missing?

It sounds like you're running it from a UAC protected folder.  If that's the case, you have two choices:

• Run the application with administrator rights.
  • Move the application to a non-UAC protected folder and run it from there.

Please let me know if that solves the issue you're having.   :)

newlexicon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I tired that but still no dice, although that's handy to know. I checked off "Recurse source folder" and that did it. I Read what that meant in the ReadMe file and then it made a lot more sense.. haha.

Thank you!

PS. I do have another small issue. I am trying to save my preferred template but keep getting this message: Error saving template file. The File may be open by another application.

PSS. Maybe your initial suggestion is right... I noticed that it organized the folders but the music isn't being carried over to the destination with the folders...

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:26 PM by newlexicon »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website | Download
v1.1.2 - 2020-05-16
    + Added $bitrate token.  (Thanks, nkormanik)

trxtrx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello,

This is an old topic and great great application.

If i can, i want to make some requests:

- Extra option to create symlinks (instead of move or copy) and choose destination folder for symlinks to be created

- Keep original folders and files names (without renaming or something)

ex:

source folder\2008\0101\artist_name-album-2008-XXX

target folder of choice\2008 (keep same year structure from original folder)\Rock (sort by genre from TAG field)\artist_name-album-2008-XXX

I will be grateful if you can implement this please.

Kind regards

blade221

• Participant
  • Joined in 2023
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website | Download
v1.1.2 - 2020-05-16
    + Added $bitrate token.  (Thanks, nkormanik)

hello admin add please   + Added $bpm token. i waiting next update :)