ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I switch from xp to vista?

<< < (8/8)

Carol Haynes:
Quite correct too - make sure you know your place  :-* :-* :-*

CodeTRUCKER:
In 1984, I worked in the Traffic Engineering Dept. of a municipality.  Eventhough the rest of the departments were upgrading to the new IBM-PC and clones, we, in this department continued to use the humble "Osborne 64," bit to run a traffic signal timing program called "Transyt-7."  To this day, there is no better piece of software to provide a smooth cruise from 38th Street to 4th Street at any time of the day.

So what's my point...

Simply, no one needs to feel the oppressive stress-inducers of adrenaline-laden commentary.  If you are happy with what you have then don't let the gainsayers beleaguer you contentment.  If you want to and can move to something better easily (and YOU know it's better) then more power to you. 

I run Vista 32 and would be delighted to "upgrade" to XP Pro 32*. My previous Toshiba (Vista 32) was a breeze, but this HP is a bear! >:(

Bottom Line:  Two rules...

* Rule @1 - If you are content, stay that way.
* Rule @2 - If you are not, then move to where you can apply Rule #1 :) 
*If anyone can tell me how to get back to XP Pro on this infernal HP Paviliondv6700! (but PM me and I will start a new thread so we don't hijack this one) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version