ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Major impact on Graphics Speed.

<< < (2/5) > >>

sgtevmckay:
Okey doke.

I am very curious concerning the results.
I would appreciate a post of your findings, and would place a note in the section of the Tutorial.Manual I am creating.
I will have a section for known issues.

If you would not mind I would post them to my tutorial.

Dormouse:
OK

I ran the ViewingDaleTestApp a total of 18 times (3 times in each condition), with results as follows (in frames per second):-

With CD off
Hardware acceleration - 314, 304, 303
Software rendered - 15, 15, 15

With CD on and hidden in System Tray
Hardware acceleration - 5, 4, 5
Software rendered - 4, 8, 5

With CD on and showing on screen
Hardware acceleration - 76, 77, 76
Software rendered - 13, 13, 12

Very strange, but very consistent.
I don't know enough to even try to explain it.

sgtevmckay:
I am right there with you. I hope that VIP will return soon to address the issues that I am unaware of how to.

In the mean time I thank you for the trouble, and I will be putting a post in the tutorial regarding this

Thanks again

Dormouse:
If you would not mind I would post them to my tutorial.
-sgtevmckay (April 24, 2009, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do anything you want with them. I've no idea what it means.
CD seems to have a much bigger impact on the hardware acceleration than on rendering in Windows.
And it isn't so bad if it is showing on the screen - not showing is worst of all.

If I think of some other progs to run at same time to test, I'll do that too - but nothing comes to mind atm that seems relevant.

X_FiLeS:
Hi sgtevmckay, I would like to give you some Info about CD on my computer, I use Windows 7 Build 7100, my wife use’s Vista Ulimate SP1, we both use CD and may I say it is AWSOME, now on my Win 7 I have CD running on my Desktop permanently and I have a leadtek graphics card, I run Need for speed, I run Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, and I don’t have any problems with my computer slowing down at all also my wife’s computer has Radion graphics card and she plays lots of games with CD still running on the Desktop and the computer doesn’t slow down at all, I think the reason that Dormouse is experiencing the slowdown on the computer might have to do with the software for the graphics card, this might explain the slowing down of the computer, maybe a good idea might be that Dormouse removes CD from the computer, updates video card Software, reboot computer after update and then put a new copy of CD on the computer.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version