ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderCache 6.3.8.1

<< < (25/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
FolderCache 6.3.4.0 Updated Open Button to stagger folders across the screen and size the windows. Previous behavior was just to open the folders and let Windows stick 'em anyplace.

The "stagger" is adjusted according to the number of folders selected to open.
The width and height of the folder window is set to 1/2 the work area size in that
dimension.

MilesAhead:
FolderCache 6.3.5.0 Open Button folder stagger updated so that if only one folder is opened, it is roughly centered on screen.

MilesAhead:
FolderCache 6.3.6.0 Added code to add a backslash to root folders in the list. It also upcases the drive letter.  You should no longer see "c:" in the folder list. It should show "C:\" instead.

kevinyoukilis264:

Syncrify client compare folders on the local machine with corresponding folder on the server to determine if it contain files that require backup. This is the default behavior and is done for every folder on the client machine.

When folder cache option is enabled, Syncrify creates a local cache file containing this list for comparison. This cached data is stored in a sub-folder called FolderCache off of the Data Folder.

As with every option, there are pros and cons:

MilesAhead:

Syncrify client compare folders on the local machine with corresponding folder on the server to determine if it contain files that require backup. This is the default behavior and is done for every folder on the client machine.

When folder cache option is enabled, Syncrify creates a local cache file containing this list for comparison. This cached data is stored in a sub-folder called FolderCache off of the Data Folder.

As with every option, there are pros and cons:
-kevinyoukilis264 (June 26, 2012, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not familiar with "Syncrify" and have no clue why the information you posted relates to my program. If there's a connection please elaborate.

edit: the only thing I can think of is you mean there's a folder name clash because the other program uses a folder named "FolderCache" ??  The folder you unzip FolderCache into can be named anything. It uses the exe path to find the directory where the .ini file and data files are kept. The folder name "FolderCache" is not hard wired. I just copied all my FolderCache files into a new folder named CacheTest and ran it from there. Works the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version