ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderCache 6.3.8.1

<< < (18/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
Thanks but I don't know what EAV is.

All these hotkey exes are either AHK or AutoIt3 which means the script is compiled into an .exe along with the interpreter engine. It's just so the user doesn't need AHK or AutoIt3 installed to run them.

For simple utilities I provide source but these have multiple include files that contain general purpose functions.  To keep that in sync is frankly not worth the effort.  If anyone doesn't trust the download then I suggest they use different utilities.

As it is I compile with UPX disabled to avoid false positives.  But that's about all I can do.

Edit: The only download site that I explicitly update is Softpedia.  Maybe you should take a look there to see what they use for virus scan. I've never had any reports from them of a bad scan.  There's so many scanners out there that there's always "one more scan" that tests something the others don't. So how can you prove a negative? It's not possible.

Run it in a sandbox that tracks registry and file changes if you don't trust it. That means a lot more than some signature scan.

SKA:
Miles

EAV = Eset Antivirus - commonly called NOD32.  I reported them as false positives to Eset already.  Its not that  i dont trust these files, as their author  i just brought it to your notice, that's all. Sorry if you feel offended<grin>

Ska

MilesAhead:
Miles

EAV = Eset Antivirus - commonly called NOD32.  I reported them as false positives to Eset already.  Its not that  i dont trust these files, as their author  i just brought it to your notice, that's all. Sorry if you feel offended<grin>

Ska
-SKA (April 28, 2011, 12:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I guess I'll have to start posting MD5 under my download links.

MilesAhead:
Miles

EAV = Eset Antivirus - commonly called NOD32.  I reported them as false positives to Eset already.  Its not that  i dont trust these files, as their author  i just brought it to your notice, that's all. Sorry if you feel offended<grin>

Ska
-SKA (April 28, 2011, 12:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

btw can you also submit false positive for ReOpen?  Seems Softpedia doesn't like that one now. :)

edit: Nevermind.  Turns out I'm already on Wilders Security Forum. Haven't been there in so long I forgot about it. :)

MilesAhead:
MD5 sum has been posted next to download link on my web page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version