topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FolderCache 6.3.8.1  (Read 91270 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 4.2
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2010, 02:46 PM »
FolderCache 4.2

Added F1 Help while Popup Window is displayed.
(requires TreePad Lite 3 or higher)

edit: If the TreePad format help file is not found or TreePad is not installed,
F1 falls back to trying to display the Readme file(file version 4.2.0.2)

edit2: I've updated the Readme so that it is analogous to the
TreePad help.  Same info in both.  The Readme also has
revision history at the bottom.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:11 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 4.3
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2010, 06:36 PM »
FolderCache 4.3

At PhilB66's request I added a command to the Tray Menu .. Choose Help Reader .. to accommodate the fact that TreePad may be run portably.  If the reader is chosen via Tray Menu command or added to the .ini file manually, that exe will be launched with the .hjt help file as param, rather than relying on file type association.  If it is blank, file type association will be checked.. if that is not registered, then the last option attempted will be to display the Readme.

The new version is available on my site now.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:39 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 4.4
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2010, 02:10 PM »
FolderCache 4.4

Fixed bug: change hotkey commands didn't clear the old hotkeys during reset.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Hey!  Well done MilesAhead

Folder Cache is featured at Shell Extension City today, May 21, 2010.

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2010, 12:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 4.5.0.0
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2010, 08:51 PM »
FolderCache 4.5.0.0 Added Check for Updates command to Tray Menu. (I would appreciate it if anyone using dial-up internet would try it out as I only have broadband.)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 4.6.0.0
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2010, 03:36 PM »
FolderCache 4.6.0.0  Added more Glass to Popup Window.

See first post for new screen shot.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 4.7.0.0
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2011, 05:04 PM »
FolderCache 4.7.0.0 Set Topmost attribute for PopUp Window to avoid it being "lost" on the desktop.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 4.9.0.0
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2011, 10:03 PM »
FolderCache 4.9.0.0  Revised Tray Icon handling.  Tray Icon is no longer hidden while a window is open.

SKA

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2011, 11:14 PM »
4.9.00 versions Reopen & Folder cache flagged by Eset AV (NOD32) as false positives, I submitted them to Eset to correct this.  Even after excluding these files in EAV stil can't download them
(EAV 4.2.71.2, XP-SP3)

Ska

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Thanks but I don't know what EAV is.

All these hotkey exes are either AHK or AutoIt3 which means the script is compiled into an .exe along with the interpreter engine. It's just so the user doesn't need AHK or AutoIt3 installed to run them.

For simple utilities I provide source but these have multiple include files that contain general purpose functions.  To keep that in sync is frankly not worth the effort.  If anyone doesn't trust the download then I suggest they use different utilities.

As it is I compile with UPX disabled to avoid false positives.  But that's about all I can do.

Edit: The only download site that I explicitly update is Softpedia.  Maybe you should take a look there to see what they use for virus scan. I've never had any reports from them of a bad scan.  There's so many scanners out there that there's always "one more scan" that tests something the others don't. So how can you prove a negative? It's not possible.

Run it in a sandbox that tracks registry and file changes if you don't trust it. That means a lot more than some signature scan.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:08 AM by MilesAhead »

SKA

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2011, 12:44 AM »
Miles

EAV = Eset Antivirus - commonly called NOD32.  I reported them as false positives to Eset already.  Its not that  i dont trust these files, as their author  i just brought it to your notice, that's all. Sorry if you feel offended<grin>

Ska

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2011, 05:01 PM »
Miles

EAV = Eset Antivirus - commonly called NOD32.  I reported them as false positives to Eset already.  Its not that  i dont trust these files, as their author  i just brought it to your notice, that's all. Sorry if you feel offended<grin>

Ska

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I guess I'll have to start posting MD5 under my download links.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:46 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Miles

EAV = Eset Antivirus - commonly called NOD32.  I reported them as false positives to Eset already.  Its not that  i dont trust these files, as their author  i just brought it to your notice, that's all. Sorry if you feel offended<grin>

Ska

btw can you also submit false positive for ReOpen?  Seems Softpedia doesn't like that one now. :)

edit: Nevermind.  Turns out I'm already on Wilders Security Forum. Haven't been there in so long I forgot about it. :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:09 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2011, 08:35 PM »
MD5 sum has been posted next to download link on my web page.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:37 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2011, 09:28 PM »
I've never had any reports from them of a bad scan.

Sorry, actually now that I think of it I'm wrong about this. Now and then I have had reports from Softpedia on apps that are either AHK or AutoIt3 scripts compiled as exe.  False positives are common with them. I stopped using UPX and that cut it down quite a bit.

When I get a notice from them I just ask them to try another scanner.  That usually resolves the issue.  There's too many av programs to install yet another one just to run a scan on an app.  I don't need my system messed up like that. :)

In the interim I've posted MD5 on the main AutoIt3 apps that seem to have an issue at the moment.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.0.0.0
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2011, 11:06 PM »
FolderCache 5.0.0.0 Added a Side By Side Button to the PopUp Window. You can highlight from 2 to 5 folders in the ListBox, then hit Side By Side to tile them across the desktop work area. Any folder name on the Input Line or already in the Stack is ignored. Just works on the List Selections.

More than 5 and they are too skinny.  Also if you selected a folder that's already open it's not likely to launch and tile.  I just use ShellExecute on the folder name rather than opening Explorer as a separate process.  It can make it convenient to drag & drop across a few folders.

In any case I put time-outs on the window title matching so it shouldn't hang if there's an error.  You may notice a wait of a few seconds as it hopes for a window that ain't gonna' show. :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:08 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.1.0.0
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2011, 12:17 AM »
FolderCache 5.1.0.0 Updated readme file and help file.  Added code to Side By Side function.  If the number of folders is greater than 3, a Windows API is then called to tile them. 5 tall skinny folders side by side ain't that great.  With this tile function it's a bit more sane. :)
(But not too sane.)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.3.0.0
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2011, 03:41 PM »
FolderCache 5.3.0.0 Updated Side By Side Button behavior so that it adds folders from the Input Line and Stack.  Use discretion as there is now no limit on the number of folders. If the total is greater than 2, Windows Tile API will be called after they are all open on the desktop.  Note also that non Explorer windows may be caught up in the Tiling.

Another feature is if a single folder is selected or typed in the Input Line, Side By Side will show 2 views of the same folder side by side vertically on the desktop.

The opening, sizing, and moving can be a bit slow. I would use Side By Side when you expect to do multiple drag & drop operations.  Or if you are too lazy to move the windows yourself, like me. :)

edit:

Also fixed a bug where folders selected in the ListBox were not cleared after pressing Stack Selected Button.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.4.0.0
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2011, 04:18 PM »
FolderCache 5.4.0.0  Added .ini file option MaxSideBySide.  If more than this number of folders are opened with Side By Side Button, they will be tiled horizontally via Windows API.  MaxSideBySide number or less will be placed side by side vertically.

The default setting is 3.  It's one way to avoid snaring application windows in the WinAPI Tile action.  Run 5.4 once and close it.  Then you can edit the .ini file to set the value.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.5.0.0
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2011, 06:24 PM »
FolderCache 5.5.0.0 Change tiling functions to use Windows Tile Windows API.  It's just too much faster to ignore.

The exception is pressing Side By Side Button with only one folder.  This will put 2 views of the same folder side by side vertically on the desktop "manually." No other windows will be moved.

The MaxSideBySide .ini file option is used to determine if horizontal or vertical tiling should be used.  Set it to 0 to always use horizontal tiling(except in 2 views of single folder) or a high number to always use vertical tiling.  A number between as a trigger point which to choose. In any case the Windows API will try to set things up so all windows can be seen in the case of many windows open on the desktop.

The manual positioning for lots of windows is just too slow. It's ok for a couple of folders but 4 and higher you really start to forget why you're opening the folders. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.5.1.0
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2011, 07:14 PM »
FolderCache 5.5.1.0 Minor bug fix to avoid duplicates of the "c:' and "c:\" variety in the ListBox. All x:\ drives in the ListBox now should have a trailing slash.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.6.0.0
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2011, 06:16 PM »
FolderCache 5.6.0.0 Memory usage enhancements.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.7.0.0
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2011, 05:04 PM »
FolderCache 5.7.0.0 With the exception of 2 views of one folder, FolderCache SideBySide function minimizes all windows before launching and tiling folders.  A minor inconvenience as the "unminimize" function does not seem to work to restore minimized windows. But it's preferable to all your application windows being resized.

I found out that the TileWindows API, at least on W7, won't tile minimized windows. So that's a relief.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FolderCache 5.7.1.0
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2011, 04:49 PM »
FolderCache 5.7.1.0  Now two views of the same drive Side By Side sets the windows height at about 95% of the desktop work area.  Leaves a bit of room if you have TaskBar at the bottom for stuff like RocketDock or a download manager floating target window etc..