ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderCache 6.3.8.1

<< < (8/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
No, I'm talking about the program being in the system tray and causing the error message itself.
-mediaguycouk (May 12, 2009, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have it.  I found autoit code that can avoid the error.  I'm checking it out now.

MilesAhead:
Please download now and try it out.  It's v. 2.1

I replaced file exist function with one that checks the drive type, if it's ready, then looks for file or folder.  Should be solid as the checks are repeated right up to the line where the item is launched.

Let me know if it still traps out.

MilesAhead:
btw I'm glad you found that bug.  While trying to solve that issue I found a solution to an annoying explorer issue.  On my Vista64 system if I opened a DVD folder directly in 64 bit explorer, everything was fine.  But if I tried to do it using "Explore" command from FreeCommander 32 bit app, I got that offer to format and burn my disc.  And in Folder Cache I got "invalid parameter."

I found a registry hack to turn off the explorer burning and now everything works as expected!!

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-windows-vistas-built-in-cddvd-burning-features/

mediaguycouk:
Stupid .net if that is the case. I don't see how having a CD, removing it and calling file.exists would ever cause an exception. Either it is there or you return false...

MilesAhead:
Stupid .net if that is the case. I don't see how having a CD, removing it and calling file.exists would ever cause an exception. Either it is there or you return false...
-mediaguycouk (May 12, 2009, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually this one I'm doing in AutoIt.  Kind of surprised me that FileExists function would be that treacherous.  So now I just put FileExists in a bigger function that checks the path is not empty string, the drive part is not a removable drive that isn't ready, then call FileExists. I haven't been doing that much with USB sticks or data DVDs or I probably would have thought to test it in more depth. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version