ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderCache 6.3.8.1

<< < (3/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
You should probably change the name - when seeing cache, I half expected some file/disk caching stuff rather than "just" a list of used folders :) (oh, how I wish somebody would make a NT version of "vramdir"...)
-f0dder (April 23, 2009, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
When I see Disk Cache I expect a disk cache. When I see folder cache, I expect a folder cache.  Sorry to disappoint. :)  'sides, then I'd have to do something more difficult with the icon.  Typing a dollar sign is easy.-MilesAhead (April 23, 2009, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd have opted to simply call it an MRU list, but that's just me. And after all, the name doesn't detract from it's usefulness :)
-f0dder (April 24, 2009, 02:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

True enough. :)  I spent a lot of time on Delphi 5 XMon explorer folder monitor but the thing I didn't like about using it was having to scroll horizontally to read long paths.  I'd have to reinstall Delphi 5 to update it and I've installed that compiler too many dozens of times.  The monitor engine was in AutoIt3 anyway, so I figured I'd give the GUI a shot.

If you notice any bugs please let me know.

MilesAhead:
Please download v. 1.3.  It fixes a bug introduced in 1.2 that hangs the window when the folder max option is adjusted.  Minor brain cramp.  Should be good now. :)

Edit:  Updated to 1.4.  Made the window a bit taller and updated Readme file a bit.  On my machine 24 folders fits nicely without scrolling.  I think it's pretty stable now. :)

MilesAhead:
Latest build has a minor fix, if the folder file doesn't have a number for the max folder option on the first line. It's been updated on the page.

MilesAhead:
v. 1.5  Added code to prevent opening 2 instances of the cache window.

Edit: hopefully this is stabilized now.  Heres a list of changes

MilesAhead:
hey looks like martin at ghacks likes it:
http://www.ghacks.net/2009/04/24/access-folder-history-with-folder-cache/#more-12308
(see attachment in previous post)
-mouser (April 24, 2009, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmmmm nice to get the write-up but I wonder if he actually used it?  Afaik double-click in the Listbox does nothing.  Quite a "delay" indeed!! heh heh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version