ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderCache 6.3.8.1

<< < (21/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
FolderCache 5.7.2.0 Added variable delay to Side By Side function.  This increases the chances folders will finish opening before the Tile Window call when many are selected.

MilesAhead:
FolderCache 5.8.0.0 Only resorts to Tile Window API for Side By Side if opening more than 8 folders.

MilesAhead:
Here's a screen shot of 8 folders opened with FolderCache using Side By Side Button.
Note that the multiple tabs on each folder aren't from FolderCache. That's QTTabBar's doing. :)

Curt:
@Miles - Forgive me, but I am having a hard time trying to see the full picture, regarding FolderCache; so many changes over a long period of time, but still the same ultra-short description of features. Maybe you could find the time to update the homepage (changelog is still at 4.9)? I didn't take interest at first, back in April 2009 when you launched FolderCache, sorry!, but now you are telling that you are running QTTabbar and FolderCache at the same time, so suddenly I am most interested.

MilesAhead:
Thanks for your interest.  All the commands are detailed in the Readme. Use the Show Readme command in Tray Menu.  If you have a program that can display TreePad type files, such as TreePadLite, that's registered for .hjt file type, press F1 when the Folder Cache window is open.  If it's not registered, use Choose Help Reader command in Tray Menu.

I didn't use the compiled TreePad reader program because a small help file becomes over a MB with the reader compiled in. It's very slow of the HD.  It's better to either use the Readme file, or install TreePadLite or one of the more advanced TreePad apps.  TreePadLite is free and opens very quickly.

I've kind of gotten away from updating the changes page because this program has a Check For Updates command. If a newer version is on the site for download, it will prompt to fetch it.

If you use a ToolBar near the TaskBar such as RocketDock or another you may also want to take a look at MaxaMiser.  Alt Up Arrow "MaxaMises" the active window while leaving a gap next to the TaskBar to avoid covering your toolbar.  The gap is adjustable via .ini file.
Eventually I'll add the adjustable gap to FolderCache.  One step at a time though. :)

Currently FolderCache Side By Side Button is hard wired to leave a gap that's 5% of the screen width or height depending on the location of the TaskBar.  Also is TaskBar is set to AutoHide I believe the API for the screen work area gives the screen resolution as the work area.  To get a gap TaskBar AutoHide must be disabled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version