ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (33/36) > >>

ewemoa:
@Phitsc : I'm also getting the oleaut32.dll error, with an "access violation" message.
-Armando (November 22, 2011, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW, I think I got this initially too -- when reading the earlier portions of this thread, I came across the FScript.dll version issue and upgrading it to 1.20 in one of my plugins seemed to resolve it for me.  But may be it's a different oleaut32.dll error...

A reference:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18016.msg230415#msg230415

phitsc:
I was able to test on a different installation of Windows 7 and had more success -- get results in FARR now :)

It is still puzzling to me though why via the windows key, "cmd" gives the result "cmd.exe" but with FARRWindowsSearch I get nothing.  Similar with "regedit".

Any ideas?
-ewemoa (November 22, 2011, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can only guess. Could it be that 'Search programs and files' does not use the Windows Search Index exclusively, but offers search results from other sources as well, like the Control Panel or the 'All Programs' menu?

phitsc:
... I'm actually not sure about the wording of that option -- shouldn't it be "Max items to display" ? Or maybe I'm not understanding what it does ?
-Armando (November 22, 2011, 08:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

The option effectively limits the number of items the search query returns. So yes, "Max items to display" would probably be a better choice.

CGA:
Strange, this only searches Outlook mail and mail contacts for me.

phitsc:
Strange, this only searches Outlook mail and mail contacts for me.
-CGA (November 23, 2011, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

In Win 'Search programs and files' enter Search and select 'Change how Windows searches', that brings up the 'Indexing Options'. What do you see there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version