ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (31/36) > >>

ewemoa:
Thanks for the clarification.

I have been assuming that there isn't anything extra one needs to do for Windows 7 to get this working -- apart from installing FARR and FARRWindowsSearch (plus FARR restart)...may be there is some pilot error here with the assuming bit.

Signed,
Patiently waiting for phitsc's life [1] to give him sufficient resources to attend to us ;)

[1] Or may be just timezone...

phitsc:
I was indeed asleep :D

With ws SPACE search term you're using the plugin correctly. What should happen is that you get (roughly) the same results as if you had typed that search term into the 'Search Programs and Files' box after pressing the Win key. On my machine I get the exact same results as the ones in the 'Microsoft Outlook' category. I guess they are the ones most relevant. I could maybe implement grouping as Windows does itself in the plugin as well (i.e. add some results from Outlook as well as some file results).

Now why it does not work for you ewemoa I have no idea to be honest. If you type 'search' into the 'Search Programs and Files' box, there's a 'Find and fix problems with Windows Search' item in the 'Control Panel' category. Maybe you can give this one a try? As you say, I would guess that Windows Search is enabled (and therefore indexing) by default in Windows 7.

phitsc:
Hi phitsc, I still get the EAccess violation error (mentioned in the thread earlier).
-Armando (November 21, 2011, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, thanks for letting me know. So I'll go over a second possible source of crashes next (making sure I use the Search API correctly, especially checking all exception cases).

ewemoa:
If you type 'search' into the 'Search Programs and Files' box, there's a 'Find and fix problems with Windows Search' item in the 'Control Panel' category. Maybe you can give this one a try? As you say, I would guess that Windows Search is enabled (and therefore indexing) by default in Windows 7.
-phitsc (November 22, 2011, 02:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification and suggestions.  Haven't gotten anywhere yet, but intend to keep trying.

justauser:
Hi phitsc, I still get the EAccess violation error (mentioned in the thread earlier).

@ewemoa : I'm using it on XP sp3. Works well. except for the errors.
Normally you need to add a space after ws before typing ?
Did you try changing the default alias ? I changed it to ^ws (.*), so actual search starts when I insert a space after "ws" [EDIT : Note that this shouldn't be necessary -- I do that as a precaution]. And I configured ctr+alt+space to automatically insert ws[space] in the farr text box.
-Armando (November 21, 2011, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I gave the alias a try "(ws (.*)" and now it works!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version