ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (30/36) > >>

phitsc:
I can't get the latest to work at all.  Using Windows 7 x64.  Every time I type ws a space and then anything it freezes and crashes.
-justauser (November 21, 2011, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

But the one before that was working fine?

I'm using it on Windows 7 x64, by the way.

ewemoa:
I got a chance to try out Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) for a bit, so am giving FARR Windows Search a try.

Unzipped 0.3.0 into the FARRWindowsSearch plugin folder and restarted FARR.  ws in FARR's main window brings up Options and About as search results.  I haven't had any luck getting any other search results to show up though...Is there some other configuration necessary to get the plugin to work?

Not sure if this is relevant, but typing the Windows key and typing in cmd gives one result of cmd.exe, but in FARR ws cmd gives nothing.

Armando:
Hi phitsc, I still get the EAccess violation error (mentioned in the thread earlier).

@ewemoa : I'm using it on XP sp3. Works well. except for the errors.
Normally you need to add a space after ws before typing ?
Did you try changing the default alias ? I changed it to ^ws (.*), so actual search starts when I insert a space after "ws" [EDIT : Note that this shouldn't be necessary -- I do that as a precaution]. And I configured ctr+alt+space to automatically insert ws[space] in the farr text box.

ewemoa:
Normally you need to add a space after ws before typing ?
-Armando (November 21, 2011, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure I follow you here -- in my tests apart from just "ws", I appended a single space after "ws" and before any other text.  Does that sound ok?  I don't suppose there is a suggestion here to type a question mark character...I tried that too but that doesn't appear to cause any difference in behavior.

Did you try changing the default alias ? I changed it to ^ws (.*), so actual search starts when I insert a space after "ws"
--- End quote ---

Gave this suggestion a try but didn't notice any difference in behavior.

Thanks for the ideas :)

Armando:
Yes, you got my suggestions perfectly. Sorry if I wasn't clear...
What you do is exactly what should be done ws, space, and then the query -- which is what one would expect anyway.
Not sure what's going on in your case (or justauser's) case. Strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version