ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (29/36) > >>

Armando:
Cool -- and if it works with XP, even better ! :)
Yes, I already had a look at the syntax -- much more intuitive and more concise.
I don't know what others think about it, but it seems like the better choice.

phitsc:
Armando, would you mind giving FarrWindowsSearch another try? I've gotten rid of one possible cause of crashing. The problems you've experienced could well have some other cause, but I need to start somewhere ... I've also implemented natural language search, as an option. It's on by default.

Armando:
Hi phitsc,

Sorry again for my late answer. I'm having troubles keeping everything up to date these days...  :(

Of course I want to give FarrWindowsSearch another try. It's currently working pretty well. I turned on the natural language search and I like it !

Unfortunately, I still get crashes. Crashes almost always happen when I'm typing fast and making corrections to my queries. I got a memory exceptions error and a crash without any message. However, it seems more stable. Sorry if I'm not more precise... Just didn't get the time to note the first error when it occurred.

I didn't see the OLEAUT32.dll access violation or EAccess violation errors... yet.

Let's see if I can get more specific in the next few days.

Armando:
One thing I'm wondering, and didn't have the time to research fully : is Windows Search 4.0 on XP exactly the same as the one used by Windows 7 ?

justauser:
I can't get the latest to work at all.  Using Windows 7 x64.  Every time I type ws a space and then anything it freezes and crashes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version