ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Need help with optional parameters in aliases

<< < (3/4) > >>

diesalher:
That'll be perfect, because then i could use AutohotKey to intercept the TABS (or another free key in my keyboard) and replace them with ++ when FARR is active. Anyway thanks again for your help, your support is impressive.

skajfes:
im open to other ways to handle arguments with spaces.. it's just that tab is out of the question since it's used differently in farr.
-mouser (April 24, 2009, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

is tab doing anything that i am missing? it autocompletes the text, right? if it's all it does why couldn't it be like launchy? autocomplete plus a separator for the arguments?

mouser:
is tab doing anything that i am missing? it autocompletes the text, right? if it's all it does why couldn't it be like launchy? autocomplete plus a separator for the arguments?
--- End quote ---

this could be done.. tab would autocomplete and then add the ++ for you automatically so you could put some optional commandline options.  certainly i could add an option for this at the very least.

skajfes:
this could be done.. tab would autocomplete and then add the ++ for you automatically so you could put some optional commandline options.  certainly i could add an option for this at the very least.
-mouser (April 24, 2009, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
If that could be done, could a special character separator be used instead of the ++? something like ►, » or •? I am thinking that the user never has to type it, because we can use tab to autocomplete and add a separator, so why not use a character that is IMHO visually clearer?

I am thinking also if multiple parameters are needed you could just keep pressing tab to insert aditional separators. And I am not sure if this is needed in file browsing mode.....

diesalher:
I've testing it more and i think i have a problem

I use this regular expression : ^rtm|gtd

I type rtm ++ arg1 ++ arg 2

the arg1 my program receives is "++ . arg1"

EDIT : My fault, i didn't realize that the ++ as parameter separator is not implemented in current release.
typing rtm ++ arg1 arg2 arg3 works fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version