topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 7:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Shutdown, after turning off specific programs, or running others.  (Read 4883 times)

bigbro.51

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've tried recording a macro to shut down my puter, after shutting down a program that windows doesn't like to close.  I use a shutdown shortcut, on my desktop, to keep from searching for the shutdown shortcut in the start menu. When I click the shutdown shortcut Windows scolds me with an unpleasant dong, because of a running program it doesn't know how to close or is invisible to it.  I have also wanted to run certain programs, upon shutdown, that I don't want to run during start up. Like a virus scan or spyware scan.  Seems that all the programs and schedulers I've found, want to run such programs during boot time, which to me is inconvenient.  I want a shortcut for each action I wish to run at shutdown.  A shortcut that I can enter the program that's running, so Windows can shut it down first.  Also one to shut that program down and then run any number of other programs, such as the spyware programs, and when it is finished scanning it will select the fixes and then shut down.