ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: simple loop machine for wav, mp3, etc. files

<< < (5/9) > >>

skwire:
Okay, the browse part is fixed now! Too bad about the slider limitation, oh well. (How hard is it to get another slider?)-TaoPhoenix (December 13, 2011, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try to find some time to implement my Trout progress-bar-slider hack into Looper.

As for the volume, put simply, "drag the bar to the right, volume went down" (!!). This was on my home machine with Win XP-TaoPhoenix (December 13, 2011, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

WTH? :huh: I honestly have no idea.  Are you running a custom Windows theme on your XP box?  I didn't mess with the volume code (other than to reposition the slider) in these past few updates.

TaoPhoenix:
Nah, no custom theme. It's chicken and egg but I wanna' say it's a "hidden bug" that only comes to light with the addition of the position slider, and that it has been latent since day 1. Tough to tell, I can put the initial App volume to max, then when I move the slider it gets louder still. With the volume on low, moving the slider jumps the volume very loud. Moving the volume bar either direction makes the volume go very quiet, far more than a micro nudge of a volume bar should, so some obscure effect is triggering.

I gotta say, it's tough. You're Swirely Awesome or something, but the end result is a miss for me unless we can do what I call "solve the crazy problem with a crazy answer." (I see that in my job all the time, the "problem that makes no sense has a solution that makes no sense". However if we stumbled on a solution, I'd leave it your Swirelocity to describe it, maybe. Sometimes life has no explanation, only results!!)

No other audio app has ever done that on me, so I dunno what magic combo of perfect forces is at work here, but I'll try to poke around and find you something you can hack to bits to get a fix.

Edit: how are you "playing the mp3 at all?" Doesn't that require an engine of some kind? (Tell me XP doesn't have native hidden support for mp3's!). So is it like the slider, some fluke of a Snacky efficient shortcut you are using? I have an idea - lemme go dig up Trout, if Trout behaves then it's not (wholly) my box, we'd start corralling the problem.

TaoPhoenix:

Wild Update, threatening to edge off topic.

The same problem is in Trout! Did you borrow the "Bass" audio engine for Looper?

(P.S. OffTopic Trout is grabbing random desktop art for the Album Art! I have random mp3's on my desktop, don't grab random art! Is there a setting that turns that off?)

Still hunting for counter-examples - the easy one is that XMplayer doesn't have this problem.

TaoPhoenix:
(Hacked post)
1 by 1 does not have this problem (on my machine!)

Edit: So after looking through about 2.5 years of DC, there aren't 100 mp3players around, it's not everyone's stomp ground, so allI gotta say is both programs by you Swireman have the situation and no other program I've seen before.

TaoPhoenix:
How hard is it to chain a second audio engine into this program for testing?

It's really close to what I need, just this bug is a show stopper, and I've never seen it before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version