ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Replace Hourglass with Quote from text file

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Great work skrommel, and much credit also to r0bertdenir0, who basically showed the way.  :up: :up:

skrommel:
 :) Just updated HourglassQuote above!

If the file= is empty, it goes online to retrieve a quote.

Also, you can click inside the quote window to keep it from dissappearing.

Skrommel

mouser:
one thing that might be nice skrommel, is if you can support the file formats i use in my various quote programs (popup wisdom and multiphoto quotes).
you can download quote files here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/PopUpWisdom/books.html

there are basically 2 formats:
1) standard fortune file format, which uses % on newlines to separate quotes
2) single quote per line format (and i use first line of file for extra info)

skooter1121:
skrommel,

Great thought to get a quote online if txt file not found.  I wonder what other online text data is available? Word of the hour/day perhaps? CNN Headlines? (Please no joke of the day!)

I like the choice of the MessageBox rather than the ToolTip. The ToolTip limits the quotes to 256 Char and I'd need to edit all my text files. Plus I dislike that anoying POP sound, although easily disabled. 

I am running into a problem, with the default settings, as  I cannot drag the QuoteBox and have it stay, and a ghost image of the box remains on the screen. I've also seen a significant slow down of the PC when your Gone in 60 Seconds program is also running. (This is running on a fresh install XP Pro, and when 60 sec is closed the PC responds as usual.)

I tried to eliminate the Caption completely, with a single click to freeze, a double-click to close but was unsuccessful.(Not even close.)  A fade in and out were also beyond my meager 4 months AHK experience.

-Thanks for your expert assistance.
-Skooter1121

I have dozens of Quote/Trivia/Puzzle txt files I have created over the years. If you wish to add some to your script.

As another thought; my grandson is now learning the multiplication tables. A scrolling window where 5x9 =  eventually displays 45 might help him.

lanux128:
also another request, can you move 'file=' setting to an INI file? it will be a tad easier to edit. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version